As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Gaspar & Noble make their triumphant? return; mostly just get asked about "The List"

(September 16th, 2020, 23:46)pindicator Wrote: That was the part I enjoyed too.

Both now and when I was tripping while making the map.

Here's a look at pindicator right before "measuring" 2-2.5 rings.

[Image: Aged-Secret-Antelope-size-restricted.gif]
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Now this is how you complain about a map. Newbies, take note.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(September 17th, 2020, 18:45)Gaspar Wrote:
(September 16th, 2020, 23:46)pindicator Wrote: That was the part I enjoyed too.

Both now and when I was tripping while making the map.

Here's a look at pindicator right before "measuring" 2-2.5 rings.

[Image: Aged-Secret-Antelope-size-restricted.gif]

Think it's just a coincidence that Portland has been under a smoke advisory the past week?
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

2.5 rings = 2.5 tiles amiright?
fnord

(September 18th, 2020, 09:22)Thoth Wrote: 2.5 rings = 2.5 tiles amiright?

Biblethump

Played t10...

We continued the path of Serdoa's scout with the hopes that he leads us to our southern neighbor. We did not discover anything especially exciting, but given SD and Serdoa's respective scout positions there is a reasonable chance that they will meet and each will have the wrong idea about the position of the other. Not sure that matters, of course. We will most likely head 2SE next turn with our scout.

[Image: t10a.jpg]

In other news, Bob discovered a no-power tech, probably Agriculture and we grew to size two @EOT. We will swap back to a worker next turn. Workers are good at defending against rushes, right?

[Image: t10b.jpg]

Played t11...

Rusten researched a tech, probably Mining. Serdoa met someone, like 99.9% Superdeath. We discovered Serdoa's capital:

[Image: t11a.jpg]

You can see his culture peeking through in the circled area.

Really not much else to say. We swapped to a worker after growth. We discussed scouting a bit and though we think it might be easier to find Serdoa's western neighbor, discovering his eastern neighbor is probably more important to us and we get the side benefit of checking out if there are any potential goodies in the area between Serdoa and us.

[Image: t11b.jpg]

If you strip out Lewwyn's fake GNP from the holy city, we're #1. Hopefully our work boat start and aggressive neighbor seeking let's us catch up a little bit for our terrible start techs.

Tech update.

Bobchillingworth - Mining, Mysticism, Hunting t5, Agriculture t9
superdeath & GeneralKilCavalry - Agriculture, Mining, Bronze Working ~t14
Lewwyn - Fishing, Mysticism, Meditation t9
Serdoa - Hunting, Mining, Agriculture t5
Rusten & Hitru - Hunting, Mysticism, Agriculture t4, Mining t11
Gaspar & NobleHelium - Mysticism, Wheel, Fishing t6, Mining t13

Edit: Never mind, I miscounted the turns.

Played turn 12.  Maybe we can get another turn in today?  Not getting my hopes up.  I sleepily checked my computer at around 6:45 this morning but Rusten hadn't played it yet, or it could have gone around much quicker.

[Image: t012-overview.jpg?raw=1]

Confluence of scouts.  The stone is much closer to SD than it is to Serdoa.  I do hope the intention is not to have either of us compete with SD for it, because there's a big sea blocking us and it's almost twice as close to SD as it is to Serdoa.

[Image: t012-demos.jpg?raw=1]

Still no BW for SD.  I realized that I overestimated his tech rate because he doesn't have Mysticism, so he might be taking the full 15 or maybe even 16 turns to research it.  Still, he'll definitely have it when we start it and we'll get an extra beaker because KTB stacks with the prereq bonus (which I'm going to start calling PRB) before being truncated. I am already accounting for this in the sandbox and we still desperately need more beakers though, so hopefully we meet someone soon going east. Or perhaps more conveniently, someone can find us from one of the other directions.

Went ahead and played t13...

Serdoa found our borders with his scout via tile bleed most likely, so any hope we have of him thinking we're where SD is has been lost. So it goes...

[Image: t13a.jpg]

I would suggest our scout moves NE-SE next, and signed as such.

Other than that, no gnews is good gnews with Gary Gnu.

Mining in @EOT.

[Image: t13b.jpg]