As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Gaspar & Noble make their triumphant? return; mostly just get asked about "The List"

Played turn 14.  Now you might think turn 14 is always going to be boring, but there was stuff happening this turn.

[Image: t014-overview.jpg?raw=1]

Contrary to what Gaspar said, I do not believe Serdoa saw any part of our borders.  Every tile he revealed last turn was conveniently two tiles away from our borders, so we could not be seen through the bleed.  And this turn he moved south, consistent with his previously shown undesire to reveal people's capitals.

OK, so we haven't found any stone but we did find grass hill gold.  This is not a normally occurring tile and it is extremely valuable.  So we'll definitely be looking to claim this area in the not too distant future.

You can also see that we are teching Bronze Working.  And there are multiple signs to remind us to swap back to Hunting next turn.  Now why is this?  Ten thousand internet points, cookies, or energy credits (of the SMAC kind) to the lurker who figures it out.  Winner's choice of reward.  Ten thousand energy is enough to hurry production on multiple secret projects!

[Image: t014-demos.jpg?raw=1]

SD did finish BW in line with my adjusted prediction. Total power went up 10k, and BW is 8k, so there is another 2k. That means Lewwyn probably got Hunting, as Mining is likely a bit too expensive for him to tech in 5 turns. We also got graphs on SD at EOT, which are generally uninteresting as you might expect, but I might post them later if there is information to glean about what tiles he was working. We will need to check our EPs every turn with him for a while to maintain graphs but also spend the minimum amount. Hopefully he will notice the EP situation soon and spend some points on Serdoa. Or not, if he is planning to axe rush us.

OK, I made a mistake. Serdoa did reveal the spices which can see our border through the bleed in the northeast corner.

(September 21st, 2020, 22:30)NobleHelium Wrote: You can also see that we are teching Bronze Working.  And there are multiple signs to remind us to swap back to Hunting next turn.  Now why is this?  Ten thousand internet points, cookies, or energy credits (of the SMAC kind) to the lurker who figures it out.  Winner's choice of reward.  Ten thousand energy is enough to hurry production on multiple secret projects!

Guessing that's because it will allow you to complete Hunting just in time for your worker to finish the corn and be ready to camp the deer?

That would be a pretty easy answer scooter, no way that'd be worth ten thousand anything?

You're trying to minimize the 1 beaker other civs get by delaying Bronze Working as long as possible
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(September 22nd, 2020, 09:48)pindicator Wrote: You're trying to minimize the 1 beaker other civs get by delaying Bronze Working as long as possible

Alternatively, trying to maximize the 1 beaker you get from other civs?

You don't want to know where your copper is because you're sure Pindicator screwed you and you don't want your friendship to end for a few extra days?

Yeah, copper. I put copper on the map. Because that's what maps have: copper. Naturally.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(September 22nd, 2020, 13:40)pindicator Wrote: Yeah, copper. I put copper on the map. Because that's what maps have: copper. Naturally.

Yes, I remember now. You've put copper under the jungle west of the capitol. neenerneener
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

No. I got it. You're just trolling for posts. Well that isn't going to work around here young man.

Oh.