As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Gaspar & Noble make their triumphant? return; mostly just get asked about "The List"

(November 19th, 2020, 17:18)NobleHelium Wrote: I hope lurkers are paying attention because this game is getting REALLY interesting!  I dare say this is the most interesting game being played right now.

I'm not.  I'm just here to post nonsense and look at the pretty gifs of somewhat ok lighthouses.
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

I feel like its time for another...

[Image: Top5-aqua-logo-250x250.png]

In another thread, GKC suggested making an archive of RB salt. I encourage all others to post their own here, but here is my personal top 5 saltiest moments at RB.

TOP 5 SALTIEST MOMENTS

1. Losing my magnum opus of reporting, the Elves in FFH7 in like 5t to an absolute slaughter from Kyan and Krill's clown army.
  2. scooter showing up in Sheepland with Lewwyn and Serdoa's army in addition to his own to stomp my sandcastle in PBEM14
  3. The PBEM where I was looking for a bunch of similar skilled players and I ended up playing against the absolute heavyweights of RB
  4. When mackoti rolled up on me undefended with a chariot in PBEM24 and extracted a crippling deal
  5. The end of PBEM38

These are in no particular order really, other than that the last one is the biggest. Pjsalt

TOP 5 THINGS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IN THIS GAME

1. Cataphracts.
  2. Cataphracts.
  3. The Byzantine Knight Replacements.
  4. Cataphracts.
  5. CATAPHRACTS.

TOP 5 THINGS I AM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO IN THIS GAME

1. The inevitable attack from Serdoa and/or SD that comes at the exact wrong time.
  2. Lewwyn and/or Bob boating us.
  3. Our later game tech rate, with not very many cottages built so far.
  4. Cataphracts being obsoleted.
  5. Finding out that Lewwyn's version of spices is gems.

CURRENT TOP 5 LURKERS

1. novice (still helping)
  2. Charriu
  3. Old Harry
  4. pindicator
  5. Commodore (scooter hasn't posted in like 6 weeks, so I'm dq'ing him.)
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

TOP 5 THINGS I'M RECONSIDERING DOING IN THIS GAME

1. Rushing to Cataphracts
2. Researching Guilds at the Fastest Speed Possible
3. Attacking People with Cataphracts as Fast as Possible
4. Building Stables
5. Building Cataphracts

Speaking of salt ... here is my favorite salt moment:

(November 23rd, 2020, 20:40)Gaspar Wrote: In another thread, GKC suggested making an archive of RB salt.  I encourage all others to post their own here, but here is my personal top 5 saltiest moments at RB.

TOP 5 SALTIEST MOMENTS

1. Losing my magnum opus of reporting, the Elves in FFH7 in like 5t to an absolute slaughter from Kyan and Krill's clown army.
  2. scooter showing up in Sheepland with Lewwyn and Serdoa's army in addition to his own to stomp my sandcastle in PBEM14
  3. The PBEM where I was looking for a bunch of similar skilled players and I ended up playing against the absolute heavyweights of RB
  4. When mackoti rolled up on me undefended with a chariot in PBEM24 and extracted a crippling deal
  5. The end of PBEM38

These are in no particular order really, other than that the last one is the biggest. Pjsalt

Also in no particular order:

1. My first PBEM, #23, where Luddite took me under his wing to teach me the MP ropes here.  We sent a stack of 50 units (mostly knights) through mackoti's lands to invade the leader, Novice & SevenSpirits.  Later in the game we were accused of being cheaters and traded insults.  I can't even remember what over now.
  2. Being impi rushed in PB19 by Thoth.  He had spotted my borders through fog gazing and held off contact until it was with a stack of impi.  Meanwhile I had been holding off hooking up copper because it was in a bad location and far from my capital.  It also was at the spot where he invaded.  I did not handle this well.
  3. PB31.  Worst Map Ever.
  4. That PBEM where Commodore pink-dotted me with a holy city plant.  Then I counter-pink-dotted him with my own holy city plant just to claim copper.  Then forgot to make spears and lost it all to chariots.
  5. Really any game where I neighbored Commodore for a good 3 year stretch where both of us knew the other was going to attack them as soon as we met each other.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I do not recall you ever being accused of being a cheater.

Dammit, i did it again.

Edit: No i didn't. You read novice as noble that time. I'm not the only one who mixes those names up! lol
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(November 24th, 2020, 11:33)pindicator Wrote:
(November 23rd, 2020, 20:40)Gaspar Wrote: In another thread, GKC suggested making an archive of RB salt.  I encourage all others to post their own here, but here is my personal top 5 saltiest moments at RB.

TOP 5 SALTIEST MOMENTS

5. The end of PBEM38

Also in no particular order:

1. My first PBEM, #23, where Luddite took me under his wing to teach me the MP ropes here.  We sent a stack of 50 units (mostly knights) through mackoti's lands to invade the leader, Novice & SevenSpirits.  Later in the game we were accused of being cheaters and traded insults.  I can't even remember what over now.
  2. Being impi rushed in PB19 by Thoth.  He had spotted my borders through fog gazing and held off contact until it was with a stack of impi.  Meanwhile I had been holding off hooking up copper because it was in a bad location and far from my capital.  It also was at the spot where he invaded.  I did not handle this well.
  3. PB31.  Worst Map Ever.
  4. That PBEM where Commodore pink-dotted me with a holy city plant.  Then I counter-pink-dotted him with my own holy city plant just to claim copper.  Then forgot to make spears and lost it all to chariots.
  5. Really any game where I neighbored Commodore for a good 3 year stretch where both of us knew the other was going to attack them as soon as we met each other.

I do remeber that game, you saved me, but not with those knigs, but near the 20 cats i think you sent as i think the knigs were masacred by novice and spaceman???
From that game I have  most nighmares, I remeber seeing galeon and galeon on sea and I whiping all cities, and even worse once i think i caught 4 galeons in ocean with a stack of 7 caravels , atacked and lost all of them...., second one was when i atacked in a lewyn city with logbows and lost 6 in a row at 70% odds, pbem 29 maybe? third PB7 with seven when xenu conquered our front city becasue seven said is safe and we dont need more defence and that way we can lure xenu to atack he atacked and got the city...other was in  FFh pbem when I opened save  Cairo (i think he was) took a size 10 city from the fog...and even more kile 1/4 of my forces with some strange summons...and maybe the worse when  I atacked a naufragar galey at 99,6 odds and in galeon  I had   2 knigs and a musketeer and all went to the buttom of ocean...

Otherwise your plan ,Noble, Catapracts and more catapracts is very good but you need siege as well i think...

1. ...
  3. ...

Had you not also mistaken his Zulu brown bleeding out of the fog for Mongolian brown and were preparing a chariot rush, or am I mixing up something?

(November 14th, 2020, 11:38)Gaspar Wrote: NobleHelium:
well tbf
malachai might make sirus feel something
Gaspar:
lol
i cant believe the big bad
is a fucking emo kid
NobleHelium:
that is definitely one of the all time dumbest lines
Gaspar:
i hate sirus
its like
you fight shaper
and then you fight sirus
and you're like how are these two fights in the same game
elder had it right, he just doesn't talk and is all here have some decay
supposedly the next league is an endgame revamp
hopefully they replace sirus
NobleHelium:
well the elder is not human so he probably doesn't speak english :P
yeah i saw that part
Gaspar:
perfect
I have not played since end of Metamorph, where I lucked into a 6L quill rain that got me all the way through Sirus with EA (gutted after the league). I took the whole new endgame as GGG making fun of their hardcore playerbase - the conquerors keeping on grinding maps even after they had killed the final boss, "When was the last time you saw the sun, Exile?", and so on. So making the final boss a caricature seemed fitting? But it annoyed me that they destroyed Oriath, again.

(November 24th, 2020, 16:58)Miguelito Wrote:
  1. ...
  3. ...

Had you not also mistaken his Zulu brown bleeding out of the fog for Mongolian brown and were preparing a chariot rush, or am I mixing up something?

I forgot those details. I just remember I was going to get to play with Carthage and show people how good Numids were. Had an awesome pic of Washington riding a dino in the thread and everything. Rated players based on a 13 star scale. It's funny how I remember that part of it more than I remember the actual game ...

Anyway, PB52 was a bit of a redemption song for me and picking Carthage.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player