As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[PB58] Tarkeel and Amicalola's rule through fear

Turn 27 (2920 BC)
AT researched something taking 7 (or 6 with a likely revolution) turns. Avg soldiers increased by 800, so it's likely to be Wheel.

I sure hope all that stone isn't first ring to Serdoa.

Demographics

Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Turn 28 (2880 BC) The Spice Gold Mines of Kessel
Kessel is founded on the Gold dot and we're saving gold for a turn.
[Image: kessel.gif][Image: spiceminesofkessel.gif]
Kessel is primarily known as a detention facility managed as a public-private initiative between the Empire and members of the galactic underworld. The Empire gets something to intidimate their dissidents into submission, while the underworld gets a free supply of workers for the hazardous work of excavating glitterstim.

In other news, Ruff finally researched something again, which should be BronzeWorking. My  best guess is he diverted to research Fishing earlier.

Demographics

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Ah that city is a beauty.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Just wait 14 turns, when it's working improved sheep and gold. AnimalHusbandry is due on T31, and both workers will improve their animals then. I'm hoping for horses somewhere in the river valley.

I've also revised my thoughts on the map, I think there are two bands of three "islands", so we each get our own. Which means that all we see to the west should be ours.

I love how far away you settled for your first city. Did not expect that at all, but I think it's wonderful!
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(January 17th, 2021, 13:00)pindicator Wrote: I love how far away you settled for your first city.  Did not expect that at all, but I think it's wonderful!

There were a few arguments for settling so far away. Getting that glorious gold up and running for the commerce boost was always a high priority. Without barbarians there were no credible threats, and there's not likely to be any threats for some time. We did consider at length going for red dot which has similar production potential and slightly lower travel time (3 vs 5 turns), but it was in the opposite direction of where we wanted our next settlers to go. Building Stonehenge also factors in, building it city#2 delays our second wave of cities by too much, so we're building it in city#3 instead. It also lined up better with where our worker was located. If everything goes according to plan (when does it ever?), Red dot should be founded on T41 and Pink dot on T48.

As a mapmapker it must be both frustrating and entertaining to see all the ways us players find options that wasn't considered.

Turn 29-30 (2800 BC)
Jowy played after I'd went to bed last night and I had a busy morning, so here's a quick doubleturn at lunch. Superdeath researched Agriculture, and we got graphs on him. We're finishing AnimalHusbandry next turn, so I'm saving overview pictures for that. We're one beaker short, but there was no feasible way of getting it in time, and both workers are in position to start pasturing next turn.

The Accuser has left the capital for newer pastures, chopping out his friend the Avenger as a parting gift.

[Image: avenger.gif]
The Avenger was part of Vader's Death Squadron, participating in the battle of Hoth, where it's best remembered as the ship that lost the Millenium Falcon.

Demographics
T29:

T30:

Turn 31 (2760 BC) All the King's Horses Nerfs
We research AnimalHusbandry this turn. Amicalola and I had a small guess at where horses would appear; we both guessed around green dot; SW and E respectively. As it happens, we were both wrong:

Not a horse in sight anywhere, on either ours or Superdeath's continents. Pindicator, you scruffy-looking nerf herder!
[Image: scruffylookingnerfherder.gif]
(I'm not actually upset, but I bet Superdeath will be when he finds out... Unless it's just hidden in the jungle.)

Demographics

(January 18th, 2021, 15:08)Tarkeel Wrote: Turn 31 (2760 BC) All the King's Horses Nerfs
We research AnimalHusbandry this turn. Amicalola and I had a small guess at where horses would appear; we both guessed around green dot; SW and E respectively. As it happens, we were both wrong:

Not a horse in sight anywhere, on either ours or Superdeath's continents. 
Well now how do we determine who is the better horse whisperer! neenerneener

(January 18th, 2021, 15:08)Tarkeel Wrote: Pindicator, you scruffy-looking nerf herder!
[Image: scruffylookingnerfherder.gif]
(I'm not actually upset, but I bet Superdeath will be when he finds out... Unless it's just hidden in the jungle.)

I see there is yet another valuable term I have learnt from this game. I can't wait to call someone that. lol 

(As a side note, I Love the use of trading cards in the reports. I have no idea what any of them do, and Star Wars TCG looks WILD, but so much flavour!)
Past Games: PB51  -  PB55  -  PB56  -  PB58 (Tarkeel's game)  - PB59  -  PB60  -  PB64  -  PB66  -  PB68 (Miguelito's game)     Current Games: None (for now...)

(January 18th, 2021, 15:23)Amicalola Wrote: (As a side note, I Love the use of trading cards in the reports. I have no idea what any of them do, and Star Wars TCG looks WILD, but so much flavour!)

Fun fact: There are three different "Star Wars" card games (and some minor ones too, for good measure):
  • Decipher's Star Wars CCG (1995-2001), which was atleast an order of magniture too complex in every aspect. It has some great cards and humor though, and is where I've been pulling from so far.
  • Wizards' Star Wars TCG (2002-2005), which was never to my taste.
  • FFG's Star Wars LCG (2012-2018), which is a surprisingly good game, building on FFGs lessons from Call of Cthulhu and A Game of Thrones.