As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[PB58] Tarkeel and Amicalola's rule through fear

Looking good. Man the turns are flying...
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Yeah, the turns are flying, and that's with Superdeath's playing window being when I'm asleep, so we "only" get two turns most days. I expect at least three other players will plant their next city over the next few turns, but so will we, and out fourth isn't much further away.

My best guess is that AT researched Pottery (as he has Wheel), and Jowy researched Sailing (as he has Fishing and presumably a higher beaker count). Those are pretty wild guesses though.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Turn 39-40 (2400 BC)
We researched Mysticism T39, Serdoa researched Wheel T40, Ruff researched something (probably Wheel) on T39 and Superdeath researched something (probably AnimalHusbandry) and grew on T40. It's getting harder to predict research now. The dominoes are starting to line up; our settler is in place to found and start Stonehenge next turn while gold city finishes it's settler in 5, due for pink dot. Pink dot's protector is currently mapping out the western hills, confirming that they end in a coast and all the northern land should be ours. There's also stone over there. Our scout has moved past Serdoa and found a landbridge that looks very much like the one between Superdeath and us, so I expect to find another contact there soon.

Serdoa seems to be about as far away from us as we can expect anyone to be.

Demographics
T39:

T40:

Edit: Ruff 2-whipped after us, so he's having a settler coming out as well.

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Turn 41-42 (2320 BC)
These were probably the busiest turns of the game so far; first some good news. T41 saw us founding Fondor on the red dot:
[Image: fondor.gif][Image: overseeingitpersonally.gif]
Fondor is located in the Freeworlds part of the Tapani sector and is famous for it's extensive orbital shipyards, and served as one of the Empire's special projects shipyards.

We also had some bad news:

Serdoa build Stonehenge in his city #2 on T42, chopping at least one and probably three forests into it. That's a much earlier completion date than I was willing to sacrifice for, and sacrifice he's done. That's almost two settlers worth of production for an IMPerialistic player, as well as delaying AnimalHusbandry. Still, well played Serdoa! You were always the largest threat for this wonder.

We also made two new friends on T41, meeting Ruff in our western mountains and AT north of Serdoa:

This gives us a better idea of what people have been researching:

AT researched Agriculture on T42, and I think this verifies my guess of Fishing for Ruff at T21, but his T39 can't be TheWheel, so I'm guessing AnimalHusbandry.

That's a very rough coastline to the west; I think the best way to pick up the stone is a fishing village where our warrior is.

With Stonehenge falling early I need to rework the plans some; most likely we'll go Wheel->Fishing->Sailing->Agriculture->Pottery->Masonry on the way to Great Lighthouse, while red city grows some before contributing settlers instead of a wonder. Our capital is growing to three before another worker, then growing to four on a workboat and warrior just as Fishing completes.

Demographics
T39:

T40:

I actually managed to forget one of the biggest news; the turn report has been updated with the founding of Fondor.

Turn 43 (2280 BC)
Ruff founded his third city as well, making AT the only one left on two. Jowy researched something again, guessing TheWheel, and did a 2-pop whip. There are too many warriors being built to interpret power swings, and I won't announce growths anymore as it's getting meaningless. Our scout unfortunately ended next to Serdoa's warrior, so I guess we can wave goodbye to him:

In Foreign Affairs, Serdoa has met the same people we have, but Superdeath has not met AT or Ruff.

Demographics

Turn 44 (2240 BC)
Nothing interesting happened this turn.
[Image: boringconversationanyway.gif]

Demographics

Dear lurkers and mapmaker,
We are closing in on T50 and the customary report, is there anything in particular you'd like me to focus on? I hope you've found my rambling speculations entertaining so far. I try to space out pictures of the various territories when something relevant happens, but is there anything in particular you'd like a closer look at?

I'd like an overview over your cities. In particular, their state of development.

City overview:

Coruscant: Size 3, working camped deer (5/1/0), pastured cow (3/3/0) and plainshill mine (0/4/0). Palace.
Kessel: Size 2, working pastured sheep (5/0/2) and plainshill goldmine (0/3/7). No buildings
Fondor: Size 1, grasshill pigs (2/1/0); pasture done in 3. No buildings

Wheel is due next turn, but roads will be coming online around T50.
Coruscant will grow onto clams after the worker, Kessel will grow onto the grassmine after settler, and Fondor is growing onto copper.

You don't have FIshing?