As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[PB58] Tarkeel and Amicalola's rule through fear

Serdoa Wrote:Dear Tarkeel,

I regret having to inform you that we are currently at war in PB58. I have the second half, you have the first. May god have mercy on your soul.

Kind regards,
Serdoa

Probably something related to Bespin, which I can see is a thorn in his side but has a legitimate reason for existing. Overview of the area as of T89:

Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Civ stats says Bespin is dead
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Turn 90-91 (600 BC) Bespin: First Blood
As previously reported, Bespin was the victim of a vicious unprovoked attack by Serdoa:

At least we managed to inflict some casualties on the attacks, but that was really uncalled for. I guess that Serdoa either wanted to remove our stone (Hanging Gardens?) or wanted to secure his cultural dominance of the area, which he would have regardless. I don't see how he gains much by burning a fishing village at this stage. We accepted a peace, but will keep the memory of Lando's Folly in our hearts.

In other news, Serdoa's Stonehenge prophet was borned and enshrined. Somebody founded Judaism as well. We have some plans going as well...

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Turn 92 (575 BC) Our MoM: The Next Endeavour
Fondor completes it's Colossus without any drama:

We've already started planning the next big project: The Mausoleum of Maussollos. We're burning through Mathematics in three turns before making a final decision to go for it, but there are some parts that can be put into motion early. Let's start with the facts: The Mausoleum costs 450 hammers, and gets 50% bonus from marble, 50% bonus from INDustrious, and possibly 25% bonus from forge. With Mathematics, the base value of a forest is 30 hammers before modifiers. We've identified the following three options for building it:

Option C: Dedicated city

This tundra location has 5 forests in it's inner ring and can borrow pig and copper from Fondor, but has no chance of getting any serious infrastructure in place. Those 5 forests convert into 300 hammers, leaving the city with 150 to build. We should be able to grow it to size two before Calendar comes in, so it can work copper and hill mine for 9 base hammers per turn. That will take 9 turns to complete.

Option B: Marble city

This city will need to be founded for the marble bonus regardless, and it has four inner ring forests (although one is on the game), and another four in the outer ring. If we settle this city right now and whip out a monument, it should be able to grow it's borders in time to chop the second ring of forests. Eight forests is enough to complete it in one turn. This will need some detailed planning and lots of workers to pull off, but it might be feasible to pull off.

Option A: Kuat

Kuat has a forge built and at size 7 it can work 4 mines (2x plains, 1x gold, 1x grass) and the cattle for a base of 17 base hammers. Chopping the three available forests still results in a 7 turn build, whip we can reduce to 4 by chopping the three forests outside it's culture for 16 base hammers each.

At first glance option B looks best, if we can scrounge up the workforce for eight chops. Having all eight complete on the same turn might be possible, but four and then four two turns later seems more plausible, at which point Kuat starts looking better. I'll do some more planning to see what we can do. Researching Calendar is 6 turns at 100%, so with 10-12 turns of saving we're looking at 20 turns to have the workforce in place.

Turn 93-95 (500 BC)
First off, we founded a city to secure the border against SD:
[Image: dantooine.gif][Image: charmingtothelast.gif]
Dantooine is a border world of no real significance.

Speaking of borders, we got a look at the Jowy-Ruff border:

That looks pretty tense. Ruff also has a pair of axes hiding out in reserve.

As mentioned in the last report, we've started looking at how to build MoM, and our marble city was mentioned as an option:

The best food available to that source is the tundra game hill, which after a 5-turn camp turns out to be 3/2/0. That's not enough to grow to whip a monument, so we'd have to use one of the forests to chop. Given that forests 1, 2, 6, 7, 8 are tundra which takes 5 turns to chop, and we'd need at least two roads coming in, we're looking at more worker turns than we can have available. Kuat is therefore selected as the site of the build, and when Mathematics came available on T95 it gave us promising news:

The lone Currency holder is AT, and nobody has either Calendar or Construction. Fondor will make an attempt at the Hanging Gardens, and we'll see if we can resettle Bespin for the stone bonus. Priority now is settling the island city, marble city and either stone or cyan canal for commerce.

Turn 96 (475 BC)
We founded two new cities this turn, Anoat on the island and Nal Hutta on the cyan canal spot. Both cities are instantly profitable thanks to our economic wonders.

[Image: nalhutta.gif][Image: powerofthehutt.gif]
Nal Hutta is the adopted Hutt homeworld, after they ruined their original planet Varl and acquired ownership of the planet from the native Evocii.
[Image: naboo.gif][Image: thephantommenaceai.gif]

Kessel will be sending a settler for the marble city, and we're in badly need of some military forces.

We're getting close to the T100 report. I plan to post a new city overview and some thoughts on the opponents, is there anything else the lurkerati would like to hear about?

Turn 97-99 (400 BC)
[Image: ominousrumors.gif]
Checking the research screen on T98 showed something ominous:

Serdoa and Superdeath had researched Currency the turn before, so naturally the suspicion fell on AT.

Right enough, there is a suspicious jungle plain with two production at his capital. We're planting our scout on top of it, both to keep track of when it's developed, but more importantly to let AT know that we know. We're also staging a defense at Endor:

The jungle will hold some deterrence axes, while the galley can stage just south of it to threaten retaliation on Durkon. So far AT's focus has been to his south, and he just got an island city in that area.

Our demographics look atrocious right now, but I think we're in a stronger position than they are telling. A lot of our opponents have GNP that is heavily inflated by culture, and ORG is saving us about 10-15 GPT, which doesn't show up. I think we're pretty safe at landing both Hanging Gardens and MoM, and if Coruscant births a Great Engineer we might spend it on Pyramids.

For your turn 100 report I would like to have inner views of your core cities. This is a lot of work but I'd appreciate it.

ORG savings should appear in your GNP numbers.

I plan to do a complete city overview, as well of overview shots of my opponents.

What I meant is that money not spent due to savings don't show up as extra income, you just have lower expenditures and thus can turn a profit on less income.

Charriu, would you consider adding a "Savings" line to the Civic Upkeep toolkit on the financial advisor screen?

Your gnp figure includes costs. So it does include ORG savings.