As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[PB58] Tarkeel and Amicalola's rule through fear

Yes it does civac, but what Tarkeel wants to know is how much he saved with ORG. I've put it on my Todo list
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

See post #237, last paragraph. He thinks ORG gives him an advantage over what demographics show. It does not.

There is no need to add anything. Calculating ORG savings from maintenance screen is trivial.

No it's not, because of integer calculation, you cannot calculate it back exactly.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Yeah, I mistakenly thought the GNP was without expenses, so that was my bad.

You can calculate the savings by going through the reverse-engineered formulas, but that's more effort than it's worth. Hence it is technically public knowledge, it's just not displayed, and is the sort of stuff Charriu seems to enjoy adding in.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

I still like the idea of listing out in the Finance F2 Screen how much a trait is currently saving you. Saves a lot of busy work and gives some validation to how much the trait is providing at that moment.

Suppose you could also add PRO & FIN lines for how much they are gaining you too?
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Turn 100 (375 BC)
Jowy revolted into OrgRel, Hereditary Rule and Confucianism this turn, without being in a golden age.

Meanwhile more people are getting Currency and Archery, making it cheaper for us to pick them up once Calendar is done. Coruscant will give us a great person next turn, with about a third chance of engineer.

State of the Empire
So far we've been making the most out of our traits, and several cities have lighthouses and forges; almost as many as have granaries! We've also landed Moai and the economic twins Colossus and Lighthouse.  On the other hand, our first library was just whipped this turn and we're still making do with only 6 workers.

Opponents
6th: Ruff

With three less cities than the next-to-last person despite having cheap settlers, I suspect that Ruff's economy has run to a grinding halt. He just got Currency this turn (revealing 0gpt and 18 in the bank), so there's still hope of restarting, but he's getting far behind. There's also been some border scuffles with Jowy, and a very extensive road network.

5th: Superdeath

SD has been able to keep up in city count, but the window for his Keshiks to be relevant is closing. There's still time for him to mess up someone's game though, here's hoping it's somebody else. We don't know too much about his territory as we're the only ones he won't sign open borders with, trying to extort us because we built his lighthouse. Migh have been able to benefit with Jowy being distracted by Ruff.

4th: Jowy

Jowy had some border scuffles with Ruff which seems to have distracted his expansion somewhat.

3rd: AutomatedTeller

Having just landed Iron Working, AT is coming into his most dangerous time of the game. So far he hasn't shown any signs of agression, prefering to expand southward, and I hope that continues.

1st: Serdoa

The leader in city count throughout the game, landing Stonehenge for effectively a third trait. Serdoa has been playing a great game from the start, and the main way I see him not winning this is getting into a dogpile. He doesn't seem to be cultivating too many friends, having only open borders with Ruff.

Planet Overview

Coruscant
Our capital has been reduced to a settler whip-factory lately, but right now it's generating a great person first.

Kessel
Kessel was sacrificed to get a settler for the marble, but should be growing onto more cottages and a library soon. (Don't mind the cottage, it was changed to the gold after the screenshot)

Fondor
Fondor will be whipping it's Baray into the Hanging Gardens in two turns, before going more unit oriented for a while. This lighthouse is one that probably wouldn't have been built without ORG bonus.

Kuat
Kuat is currently growing to max size in order to quickly build the Mausoleum

Mon Calamari
Mon Calamari has grown into a beautiful city, able to work 2/1/3 coast while throwing out the odd whip.

Endor
Still mainly a strategic city, it's still profitable with minimal infrastructure.

Bespin
This satelite city was originally founded to claim stone, but was cruelly slaughtered by Serdoa before we could use the stone for Hanging Gardens. We did plan to rebuild it, but had to focus more on defense when AT teched IronWorking.

Corulag
Growing in to be a good commerce city.

Kashyyyk
This jungle-infested site is slowly turning into a productive and profitable city, but it needs to rest some from the whipping.

Ralltiir
Too fresh to contribute much, right now it's biggest contribution is early warning for any attack on Kuat.

Naboo
Lovely little island city that's mainly going to be working coasts and whipping out what it needs, but it gives us internal ICTRs.

Nal Hutta
Will be a solid commerce city once it can grow into some infrastructure.

Dantooine
A very crappy city whose main importance is sealing off the border to Superdeath. Once borders have expanded onto the clams and the lighthouse is built, it can start being more productive.

Technology Thoughts
T0: Hunting, essential for bringing our strongest tile online.
T0: Mining, for fast research of BronzeWorking.
T16: BronzeWorking, for chopping settlers and workers.
T31: AnimalHusbandry, for bringing online the best tiles for all of our first four cities.
T39: Mysticism, for an attempt at Stonehenge
T45: TheWheel, for connecting cities and resources
T48: Fishing, for finally working some water commerce, and starting on Sailing
T58: Sailing, for trade connections and  lighthouses (cheap and Great)
T62: Masonry, for Great Lighthouse
T66: Agriculture, for Kuat's rice and Pottery pre-req
T68: Pottery, for granaries, MetalCasting pre-req and cottages
T81: MetalCasting, for forges and Colossus
T87: Writing, for general progress
T95: Mathemathics, for Hanging Gardens and pre-reqs
T102 (est): Calendar, for Mausoleum

Wishlist, in no particular order:
Archery, for cheap defenders
Construction, for expensive defenders
Currency, for finances
Meditation/Priesthood, for Monarchy and cheaper CodeOfLaws
Iron Working, for Iron and removing jungle
HorsebackRiding, for Ballistaphants

Reflections
I've been very happy with our choices so far. Both of our traits are giving great value, not least in hammers saved for infrastructure. All those early forges are going to be paying off handsomely in the future. We've managed to snag some important wonders, and our economic savings have let us keep up in city count. Most of our research so far has been either as leader (for the rewards of being first) or as one of the last stragglers (for cheapest possible tech), which I think has worked out well. Given the start I think Khmer was a necessary pick, but a part of me wants to know how the Vikings would have done. The map is turning out to be about as water focused as I had thought it would be, and that extra move would have been great.

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

I agree with everything Tarkeel said. smile I am especially also loving our traits, the cheap buildings are fantastic. In particular, I have really underestimated the cheap IND forges in the past; they're amazing!

I guess the one thing I would add is that the real wildcard right now is AT. If he attacks us with Praetorians, I think Serdoa is hilariously favoured to win. If he attacks Serdoa, we are strongly (but slightly less) favoured. If he attacks someone else, or no one (probably most likely? There is still lots of land), we get a very fun race. Technically, 3/4 of those options are favourable/even for us, so we're mildly optimistic. Still preparing for the worst though.
Past Games: PB51  -  PB55  -  PB56  -  PB58 (Tarkeel's game)  - PB59  -  PB60  -  PB64  -  PB66  -  PB68 (Miguelito's game)     Current Games: None (for now...)

Thanks for the report.

(February 8th, 2021, 16:42)Amicalola Wrote: I guess the one thing I would add is that the real wildcard right now is AT. If he attacks us with Praetorians, I think Serdoa is hilariously favoured to win. If he attacks Serdoa, we are strongly (but slightly less) favoured. If he attacks someone else, or no one (probably most likely? There is still lots of land), we get a very fun race. Technically, 3/4 of those options are favourable/even for us, so we're mildly optimistic. Still preparing for the worst though.

So no chance AT attacks someone and himself becomes favored to win? neenerneener Not that I disagree. His best chance of profiting off Praets might be to attack us and get wonders, but he's not going to find that easy.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Turn 101-102 (325 BC)
We researched Calendar and set Kuat to produce the Mausoleum. Our settler for marble was one hammer short of being produced in time, so that city is only coming online next turn. Meanwhile Fondor is whipping it's Baray with almost 49 hammers of overflow into the Hanging Gardens. We're putting the overflow into Currency as it has the biggest known tech bonus, but I think we'll research Archery first after saving gold.

Serdoa has had a scout coming up our western front, and I was positioning my troop to scare him away as our enforced peace came up. He's also been camping the the turn timer for ages now. His scout went into hiding, but this axe-spear combo came out of his culture to threaten our worker and pillage the quarry. That's just being rude.

We're leaving the spear fortified, as his axe has about 32% chance of killing it, with a axe-spear combo of our own staged on the gold tile behind it.

We also got a new worker out of Mon Calamari, the Judicator

[Image: judicator.gif]
The Judicator served at the Battle of Endor, before eventually serving under Grand Admiral Thrawn.