As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[PB58] Tarkeel and Amicalola's rule through fear

Most important stuff first:
(March 6th, 2021, 22:18)Mjmd Wrote: I feel like when cities are founded lurkers are supposed to receive star wars pictures with random words under them  twirl whip

[Image: bespincloudcity.gif][Image: cloudcityoccupation.gif]
Cloud City was won by Lando Calrissian in a game of chance, and lost in a desperate gamble.

(March 6th, 2021, 20:58)Amicalola Wrote: I guess the main thing we've been talking about is whether or not barays are worth it. Tarkeel seemed to lean 'no,' while I leaned 'yes,' but neither of us was really sure. In the end, we decided to build them in our low-food cities, since it will not take very long for the food bonus to pay off there. But this may very well be bad, and I take full responsibility if that's the case!! But the alternative was more military, and I don't think we want to be conquering anyone right now; Jowy/Cairo can just do it better, and we leave a flank(s) open no matter what. 

I think it's counter-productive to whip off improved tiles to complete then, but I do think they're in general worth building.

(March 6th, 2021, 20:58)Amicalola Wrote: Other thing: turned on tech for Compass->Optics this turn, should finish EoT147. And our workboat will arrive at the whalesT148, with an extra happy quite badly needed right now. So that's good! 

Excellent! *rubs hands together*

(March 6th, 2021, 20:58)Amicalola Wrote: That AT war has set both of us really far back, and we're still not really sure what he was thinking.

I think I know exactly what he was thinking: He just got this shiny new toy, and to his north was this newcomer without any prior games running a farmers gambit. Most of the time that would have been an easy conquest, and I think he would have taken MonCal and Coruscant if he hadn't waited for catapults.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

(March 7th, 2021, 11:42)Tarkeel Wrote: Most important stuff first:
(March 6th, 2021, 22:18)Mjmd Wrote: I feel like when cities are founded lurkers are supposed to receive star wars pictures with random words under them  twirl whip

[Image: bespincloudcity.gif][Image: cloudcityoccupation.gif]
Cloud City was won by Lando Calrissian in a game of chance, and lost in a desperate gamble.

bow bow bow

One more thing for lurkers. Can't go into any specifics yet, but we may or may not have a plan forming for how to get back into the game... And it's realistic + tangible enough that I'm already excited-posting here!
Past Games: PB51  -  PB55  -  PB56  -  PB58 (Tarkeel's game)  - PB59  -  PB60  -  PB64  -  PB66  -  PB68 (Miguelito's game)     Current Games: None (for now...)

I'm back but Amicalola stole the turn I was going to play, so instead of a report you get a picture from somewhere near Hoth:
[Image: o6M8PUw.jpg]

(These are the turns I like the least, and where my SP forays usually stray as I get bored and don't pay enough attention. Luckily I have a dedicated co-pilot who actually likes these turns, so we'll be splitting the work more over the next turns.)

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

What kind of turns?

You wont believe but my city on Spain has 10 cm of snow right now, its just 10 cm but its Spain xD

(March 8th, 2021, 03:20)vanrober Wrote: You wont believe but my city on Spain has 10 cm of snow right now, its just 10 cm but its Spain xD

I remember the F1 pre-season testing being cut short by snow in Barcelona some years ago.

(March 8th, 2021, 02:58)civac2 Wrote: What kind of turns?

Snappy answer: The boring kind.

It's actually a good question though, and an opportunity to dicuss our current plans. After the war with AT ended we've been in growth mode. First we birthed a lot of (maybe too many) new cities quickly to claim the available land, and since then we've been focused on growing vertically and catching up in tech. Almost all of the moving parts are in the details which aren't that interesting to report on. The game seems pretty stable geopolitically, and I expect peace to reign until the moment someone fields a knight army.

That someone won't be us though; with ballistaphants we can defend well against knights, so we plan to beeline for Nationalism and Taj Mahal instead, hopefully chaining three golden ages in a row. Optics is just around the corner and we'll send some caravels to explore the big blobs; I suspect there might be some small astro land hidden away there. We'll also want to spread around some religion, most likely Hinduism, but Theology and founding Christianity is also an option.

The economic management of empire is actually what interests me most. It's difficult to report on though.

(March 8th, 2021, 06:53)civac2 Wrote: The economic management of empire is actually what interests me most. It's difficult to report on though.

I also like the economic management, it's just very easy to get tunnel-vision on your goals, letting your guard down for a surprise attack. I think we're running a bit low on power again, but I hope the flare-up will be somewhere else. You could say I have conflicted relationship with this part of the game.

Turn 147 (740 AD)
The golden ages. Superdeath just finished his, AT started last turn and MrC the turn before that. We are still hold ours for a few more turns before starting what we hope will be a triple. After Optics finishes next turn we're probably going for Literature and Feudalism, before taking the mandatory techs on the way to Nationalism. We currently have research vision on AT, MrC and Jowy and nobody can see ours, so we might be able to surprise someone. We're likely to use one of the great merchants on a mission to Scream to fund this.

We spent quite some time on the minor details this turn, and have settled on using Hoth as the buildsite. Three workers are currently pre-chopping, and another four are doing other work in the area and will be available to complete the wonder. We've also settled on serfdom as a civic, which means planning out watermills and farms.

AT has held Endor long enough for a second border pop which stole Wakeelmui's wines. At some point we swapped away from the monument which was meant to prevent this, but we whipped it this turn instead. We'll get it back in 10 turns, but this was a predictable and avoidable mistake.

How many turns build time for the Taj?