As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ 6 Release and Update Discussion Thread

(November 17th, 2022, 10:47)T-hawk Wrote:  (Funny part is that I used to trash Sullla for giving up on Civ 5 early and not keeping up with the balance fixes in patches, and then I did exactly that for Civ 6. lol )

Wait a moment. Civ5 got better over time?
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but yes. Short versions: the happy cap got quite a bit softer with religions and luxury resources and ideologies, units and combat were greatly rebalanced (particularly attacking cities which was Sullla's earliest complaint), AI diplomacy got a lot better, problems like maritime city-state food were balanced, oversights like no production overflow were fixed. It still has the problems inherent to one-unit-per-tile and lousy AI, but the overall game of Civ 5 became quite solid.

Both sarcastic and interested. Thanks for explaining.

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(November 16th, 2022, 13:43)T-hawk Wrote: I was wondering that too - the time since Civ 6 has already been the longest gap between Civ releases ever.  And there haven't been any spinoffs like Colonization or Alpha Centauri or Beyond Earth either.

Although I have no idea what else would be put in a Civ 7.  Civ 6 is already bloatedly overstuffed with mechanics.

In what way do you think civ 6 is bloated?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

First new leader is Julius Caesar. He swaps Trajan's excellent free building ability for, uh, +100 gold on city capture.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

(November 18th, 2022, 18:13)Chevalier Mal Fet Wrote: First new leader is Julius Caesar. He swaps Trajan's excellent free building ability for, uh, +100 gold on city capture.

It looks like it says 100 for a barb camp clearing and 200 for a captured city.  I would say its about even if you are being aggressive, and a downgrade otherwise.

(November 18th, 2022, 18:13)Chevalier Mal Fet Wrote: First new leader is Julius Caesar. He swaps Trajan's excellent free building ability for, uh, +100 gold on city capture.

One could say they put a knife in his back. rolf

Buy me a coffee

Everyone has different tastes.

Civ 3 / 4 was my peak.

I never got into Civ 5 / 6. One unit per tile just wasn't the same for me. It became to tactical for fighting. I still love dealing with stacks of doom from 3/4.

New leaders are:

Lincoln
* Gets +3 loyalty from IZs but -2 loyalty from plantations (lol). 
* Each IZ and building spawns a (melee?) unit with +5 strength and no resource cost. 

Mbande Nzinga
* +10% yields to cities on the same continent as capital, -15% to others. 

Sultan Saladin (different than Vizier Saladin)
* +100% flanking and support bonuses for combat/religious units.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

(November 16th, 2022, 13:43)T-hawk Wrote: I was wondering that too - the time since Civ 6 has already been the longest gap between Civ releases ever.  And there haven't been any spinoffs like Colonization or Alpha Centauri or Beyond Earth either.

Although I have no idea what else would be put in a Civ 7.  Civ 6 is already bloatedly overstuffed with mechanics.

Civ6 is a pretty fun game for multiplayer. I have quite enjoyed it the past few years.  There is a great community balance mod that improved it tremendously.

"There is no wealth like knowledge. No poverty like ignorance."