As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New Pitboss - Greens (new player / newish)

I've been assuming that some kind lurker is making sure we're not all waiting for each other.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

I have been checking. Last pick just came in.. I'll send to Ramk after lunch time just got a meeting to prepare for and hold shortly.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

OK I've updated the map file with the leaders and civs, I've double checked the start techs and game options, I strongly suggest that everyone double checks after the game is hosted. I have also sent the link to the file to Ramk.

Have a good game.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(June 15th, 2023, 07:33)Krill Wrote: OK I've updated the map file with the leaders and civs, I've double checked the start techs and game options, I strongly suggest that everyone double checks after the game is hosted. I have also sent the link to the file to Ramk.

Have a good game.

Thank you Krill!

So, before the game starts, can I reaffirm this is the correct setup procedure?

step 1: download the mod version from the pbspy page for the game
step 2: download the pbmod mod version from the pbsy page for the game
step 3: edit the executable in the mod to point to the close to home version from the pbspy page
step 4: run the executable and direct connect to the server

is that all? And do you need to put in the fix that is stickied in the general civ forum if you are using the executable, or no?

I forget if it was decided, but I think its ok to share final picks so we can randomly discuss things while waiting for game set up / greens to figure out how to connect.

I see no harm...

Aetryn is Vicky/Mali
Xist is Boudicca/Rome
Bing is KK/Aztecs
Greenline is Mao/Byzantine
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Good evening,

just a short note: On Friday I will have no time to setup the server. The game will probably start Saturday smile

(June 15th, 2023, 15:41)greenline Wrote: So, before the game starts, can I reaffirm this is the correct setup procedure?

step 1: download the mod version from the pbspy page for the game
step 2: download the pbmod mod version from the pbsy page for the game
step 3: edit the executable in the mod to point to the close to home version from the pbspy page
step 4: run the executable and direct connect to the server

is that all? And do you need to put in the fix that is stickied in the general civ forum if you are using the executable, or no?

can someone confirm that these are the correct setup steps? don't want to hold the game up if i have something wrong, when it starts

Close. You only need to download the mod from the PBSpy page. It is preferable to use the tools as well:
Quote:echnically, the game works without these tools but all players of the game will profit if you use them! They remove the two most annoying problems.

Copy these files into the installation directory of Civ4:BTS.
If you're using the Steam version, and the multiplayer sections does not show the 'Direct IP' bullet point, start the game with the binary below.
It is (almost) the old binary without Steam dependencies.

If this does not work, switch the game version in the Steam library settings of the game.

1. The new binary.

Only with this binary can more than one player join a PB server. Otherwise, other players will be blocked.

Download: Civ4BeyondSword2015.exe

2. The 'wrapper' binary

This tool is needed to speed up the login. It can reduce the time needed for joining from several minutes to seconds. At the beginning of a PB you will think it is not required, but the save file size is growing with each turn.

Internally it will load Civ4BeyondSword2015.exe (or Civ4BeyondSword.exe) Because of this we included above exe to be sure that both is installed.

Download: BTS_Wrapper
Use a shortcut to the wrapper that looks something like this: "D:\Data\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\BTS_Wrapper.exe" mod= "RB70"
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data