As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[PB76] Strange women lurking in ponds and distributing swords

I thought he was being serious when he said he'd concede to thoth...

He’s upset enough with the quality of his land, the nature of the map, and the errors in his play that he might be, but threats to his capital aren’t in that list.

(March 13th, 2024, 17:33)yuris125 Wrote: I realised tht we just played T50 and I haven't posted an overview. Just imagine 4 small cities with 20+ turns of whip anger.

Quote:Sitzkrieg for the moment while I take 4t to get my HE built (due EOT 54). Beq grew to size 10 last turn and is pushing out 24 base hammers per turn. That'll be 55 per turn with HE and the Forge. :love:

Rival best hammers is Pindicator at 60 (to my current 58) so Bec is slightly more than 50% of my current non-whip/chop hammers (not including the OR bonus).

hammer popcorn

He's not going to need knights to start making moves.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I have to take back my prior assessment that Thoth's indecisive attack plans would slow him down too much. I was surprised that all it took was a double bulb from Commodore to get all the way to Guilds. Guilds being merely 10 or less turns away compared to the 30-40 I was expecting makes a total war plan a lot more viable.

I'm curious how much of that tech pace to rush to Knights is a result of the juiced up map vs just the medieval start techs favoring a quick path to Guilds. It seems that it favors rushing even more than Renaissance or Industrial starts - in Renny starts, everyone can build pikes and castles from the get go, and our one Renny PB game made it seem like the tech path to Cavs is not that fast. Similarly with Industrial, any spiritual player can draft rifles to defend vs cavs, and it takes a long time to get to tanks (although an early Kremlin whip factory can put the hammer edge well in the attacker's favor). But with a medieval start, if you don't grab Engineering or Guilds as your first big tech, it seems like that puts you in a big, big hole.

There is a reason I don't play event or hut games folks. My opponent getting flanking at the perfect time is high on that list. Ouch; poor Scooter alright.

The game continues to provide twists and turns. Quite a comeback from Scooter after having his capital raised. I'm curious as to what specific flaws here doomed Commodore's attack. Striking on multiple angles with CHM knights + boats seemed solid enough

I think he put too much faith in his knights yes.

I wish Scooters attack had a couple more cats or heck a trebuchet why not.

(March 24th, 2024, 11:18)greenline Wrote: The game continues to provide twists and turns. Quite a comeback from Scooter after having his capital raised. I'm curious as to what specific flaws here doomed Commodore's attack. Striking on multiple angles with CHM knights + boats seemed solid enough

I think the multiple angles could be the problem.
He got defeated in detail. - I think scooter thought, he sunk 2 loaded galleys ?
And I think Commodores stack was not big enough. 7 units as mainstack is not enough - scooter counter invaded a few turns later with 14 units - and even this is maybe too few.

I know its been a pretty bloody game, but considering the wonders build able from turn 0 its surprising that only now do they start to fall. I also wonder when someone will fire off a GA. Heh need extra production and want a tech earlier; do a GA. They are up to descent number of cities and descent pop (except Yuri).

(March 29th, 2024, 17:16)Commodore Wrote: ...because I want a trade mission, more than any other outcome. I can run the mission here via caravel chaining the turn after landing:

Doesn't caravel chaining use up a unit's movement when it switches boats? I'm not sure this works the way Commodore thinks - but we shouldn't offer mechanic suggestions unless he asks, right?