As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[spoilers] Commodore gets medieval

Is that a concession?

On a relevant note, that gpt does not look healthy.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(April 29th, 2024, 09:36)Krill Wrote: Is that a concession?

On a relevant note, that gpt does not look healthy.

Nah, we deserve a bit more showdown than this. Just disappointed that Pin isn't willing to fight Thoth with me; my trash economy means he could win a 1v1 with me, but there's no way he could beat Thoth 1v1. 

My GPT is trash, but I will launch golden ages #1 and 2 and try to hit MilTrad or Chemistry in one last push.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Thoth declared war on me *and* Pindicator. Here we go.
[Image: 01oD0fj.jpg]
[Image: 5NMm25P.jpg]
[Image: wFQVLgJ.jpg]
[Image: NhKYCxE.jpg]
Is Pindicator going to actually fight full-out? He can probably win if he does, but if he peaces out then Thoth wins, it's as easy as that.
[Image: pDhZrfF.jpg]

So, invasion was not as successful as it might have been...
[Image: XTHFQy4.jpg]
...but I'm cleaning up a lot of crap from the water invasion. Need nothing but privateers for a long long time.
[Image: NG33WfL.jpg]
Thoth is locking down the rather passive Pindicator without much work, smart. This ain't getting beat without a stack of 40+ units.
[Image: DuH8iYs.jpg]
I'm going to be pumping privateers next, now until the end of time (Amphibeous Grens).
[Image: M3vAiuN.jpg]
Feel free to ask any questions. This is a war easily winnable with Engaged Pin, but he's inert.

What question do you wish we would ask.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

What kind of diplo have you sent to Pindi in order to get him onboard?
Completed: pb38, pb40, pb41, pb42, pb46 and pb49
Playing: pbem78

OK, here's a question: how does each player win from this point, in your opinion?

(May 9th, 2024, 11:55)Krill Wrote: What question do you wish we would ask.
"How do we fix cuirassiers' weird positioning on the tech tree?"

(May 9th, 2024, 14:18)Hitru Wrote: What kind of diplo have you sent to Pindi in order to get him onboard?
What haven't I. Multiple different options, timings, resources...nothing. He's only at war because Thoth declared on him.

(May 9th, 2024, 17:03)Krill Wrote: OK, here's a question: how does each player win from this point, in your opinion?
Thoth wins by default; just spend the bare minimum to keep Inert Pin occupied, beat me in a duel with better tech (amphibious grens/frigates over muskets/privateers).

I win by Pin waking up enough to tip the scales in my direction slightly, particularly in the Inner Sea, then I manage to claim enough Thoth land to win domination.

Pin wins by carefully balancing Just Enough to counterbalance Thoth's superior empire but not enough for me to win, techs up to the Impossible Tier Tech (Destroyers) and wrecks face.

(May 9th, 2024, 17:25)Commodore Wrote:
(May 9th, 2024, 14:18)Hitru Wrote: What kind of diplo have you sent to Pindi in order to get him onboard?
What haven't I. Multiple different options, timings, resources...nothing. He's only at war because Thoth declared on him.

Sounds familiar.

(May 9th, 2024, 19:25)scooter Wrote:
(May 9th, 2024, 17:25)Commodore Wrote:

Sounds familiar.

Aye, unfortunately the lack of wrap made joining in a Thoth dogpile without a land border negative-sum.