As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[spoilers] Commodore gets medieval

(May 10th, 2024, 08:15)Commodore Wrote:
(May 9th, 2024, 19:25)scooter Wrote:
(May 9th, 2024, 17:25)Commodore Wrote:
(May 9th, 2024, 14:18)Hitru Wrote: What kind of diplo have you sent to Pindi in order to get him onboard?
What haven't I. Multiple different options, timings, resources...nothing. He's only at war because Thoth declared on him.

Sounds familiar.

Aye, unfortunately the lack of wrap made joining in a Thoth dogpile without a land border negative-sum.

What do you mean by this? His borders touch Thoth?

(Also, Thoth was not actually the dogpile target I was referencing. mischief )

Quote:"How do we fix cuirassiers' weird positioning on the tech tree?"

What is weird about it? The positioning makes plenty of sense, we just rarely see a true Cuir rush because knight rushes are good enough.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(May 10th, 2024, 08:33)scooter Wrote:
(May 9th, 2024, 17:25)Commodore Wrote:
(May 9th, 2024, 14:18)Hitru Wrote: What kind of diplo have you sent to Pindi in order to get him onboard?
What haven't I. Multiple different options, timings, resources...nothing. He's only at war because Thoth declared on him.

Sounds familiar.

Aye, unfortunately the lack of wrap made joining in a Thoth dogpile without a land border negative-sum.

(Also, Thoth was not actually the dogpile target I was referencing.  mischief )

Ah, I thought you meant your messages to me. Reckon the threat of Thoth is probably why he refused any offers to split me with you. Although in general I think Pindicator is just hopeless-feeling this game in general.

(May 10th, 2024, 09:25)Krill Wrote:

What is weird about it? The positioning makes plenty of sense, we just rarely see a true Cuir rush because knight rushes are good enough.
I generally feel like Military Tradition is too expensive/weirdly positioned for cuir access...very common to have Rifling and obsolete them before people hit MilTrad.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(May 10th, 2024, 10:10)Commodore Wrote: Ah, I thought you meant your messages to me. Reckon the threat of Thoth is probably why he refused any offers to split me with you. Although in general I think Pindicator is just hopeless-feeling this game in general.

Oh, to be crystal-clear, I meant on you earlier in the game. There was a window where I'm pretty sure it would have worked to some degree.

(May 10th, 2024, 10:10)Commodore Wrote:
(May 10th, 2024, 08:33)scooter Wrote:
(May 9th, 2024, 17:25)Commodore Wrote: What haven't I. Multiple different options, timings, resources...nothing. He's only at war because Thoth declared on him.

Sounds familiar.

(Also, Thoth was not actually the dogpile target I was referencing.  mischief )

Ah, I thought you meant your messages to me. Reckon the threat of Thoth is probably why he refused any offers to split me with you. Although in general I think Pindicator is just hopeless-feeling this game in general.

(May 10th, 2024, 09:25)Krill Wrote:

I generally feel like Military Tradition is too expensive/weirdly positioned for cuir access...very common to have Rifling and obsolete them before people hit MilTrad.

It's not surprising when cavalry was moved to require both miltrad and rifling for beyond the sword. At the same time I don't feel It is a problem that Needs fixing. It could be worth be lining.Military tradition, but really? You need to make use of all of the first to bonuses to make to get to gunpowder in a reasonable time frame. All this means bulbing is important, really? We don't play the sort of games that make it worthwhile. But that doesn't mean the miltrad is a bad tech to research. We ignore it because it's behind nationalism and when we focus on the bottom of the tech tree.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Landed a Great Engineer (Great Scientist would have worked too).

Back (briefly) to military parity.

And not a second too soon...
[Image: fpauN1l.jpg]
Got the one stack, but there's a big galleon hit coming.
[Image: 0hdBfJA.jpg]
Need to win the naval race, and no idea if Pin (going Rifling) is on the same page.
[Image: yhYICmp.jpg]
Any questions?

Man, dang Vikings.

Pindicator's been counting down to...something...but over here in Mongolian Waters, we're fighting full out nonstop.
[Image: dfqH3j9.jpg]
Big ol's nasty fleet hurting to fight off, but it's tying up an absurd amount of garrison.
[Image: j7xuJZ1.jpg]
I'm getting slightly below-odds results, but better now than in a couple turns when Man o'Wars get out...
[Image: lpn3jWo.jpg]
Let's see if Pin makes any progress, or if Thoth really is going to be able to 1v2 us.

Thoth might be regretting his double-war a bit, just bloody constant hammer-tossing now.

It's kinda fun, even though nobody is making any progress.

“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win”.

To hell with winning. Blood for the blood god. A good brawl is the only way to play for fun.