As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

new civ 6 pbem while the next pitboss can't start?

I can't seem to register for civforum... it says I get the "question" wrong when i try and create an account.

(June 4th, 2024, 11:19)greenline Wrote: I can't seem to register for civforum... it says I get the "question" wrong when i try and create an account.

I remember this when I registered over there recently, and it had something to do with some piece of the security question (written and answered in German) getting lost in translation. If I remember right it's a yes/no question, but you need to answer it correctly in German. My memory is the translation makes it feel like you can leave it blank, but you cannot do that.

I talked with civac and it looks like the civforum people have started their own game. So this is the player list we are going to go with here:

Greenline
Whosit
TheArchduke
Krill
ChevalierMalFet
ljubjana as a Maybe

We would be going on normal speed, with the bans MJW laid out.

For a map, do we have anyone interested in making one? It doesn't need to be hand crafted, it can be random rolled and given balance tweaks.

To review (this assume standard settings):

Civs:
-Hungry
-Scythia
-Babylon
-Basil II
-Maori (for water maps)
-Bull Moose Teddy

Gives too much stuff:
-Venetian Arsenal (You cannot build this on a lake, so if the map is safe to allow this you cannot build this anyway...)
-Religious Settlements Pantheon
-Work Ethic
-Nan Madol (So OP that only a map with no water would be safe. However, I wouldn't consider that to be standard settings.)
-Pillaging City-State tiles except for farms and fishing boats.
-Resource hiding ban. We would need more complex rules for a team game, but it is obviously intentional here.

Other:
-Tactical DoWs, especially regarding Australia.
-City-gifting must be approved by the wise council of lurkers.
-DoF blockades OKAY
-Scouts providing naval support OKAY
-Not accepting/rejecting DoF at once.

New stuff (maybe?):
-The player who proposed the DoF cannot declare war on the first turn after the DoF expires, unless the player who accepted the DoF is ahead of them in turn order. Not nearly OP as some other stuff but not having this rule gives "Player1" an edge for no reason.
-Ban mods because of what happened to Woden last game here. It didn't do anything because it was garbage time but it could be very bad if the game is competitive.

Just a quick update - I'm waiting on a message from Chevalier on when he'd be available. I PMed him a couple days ago. When I have a starting date in mind, I'll see about getting a map maker.

I'll be on vacation from June 29 to July 10, so any time after that.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Told greenline this in-game, but I'm a no for this one frown 75 turns are still taking multiple hours and that might continue for a while, which are not conditions in which I can start another game without ruining my life with civ

(June 8th, 2024, 11:59)ljubljana Wrote: Told greenline this in-game, but I'm a no for this one frown 75 turns are still taking multiple hours and that might continue for a while, which are not conditions in which I can start another game without ruining my life with civ

In the request for a map maker, I asked for a 5 player map after I heard that you didn't want to play, so don't worry about it!

I don't really have any additional input, but just checking in to say that I'm keeping up with this thread.

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

Still around.