As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

new civ 6 pbem while the next pitboss can't start?

we can play on quick speed  dancing

i'm theoretically interested and appreciate your dedication to continuing to try to set one up..... but typically i have a hard limit of one game at once or i start to get a little deranged(-er) crazyeye

i could maybe be convinced if pushed sufficiently hard or if the civ4 game looks headed for an early conclusion, but that's probably what it would it would take

I had given up on the idea for a while, but I thought it might worth bringing up again when Krill talked about it.

I need to wrap up my City Lights PBEMs, and my To End All Wars PBEM, then I could consider it. :/ So I need a bit longer, too overstretched - barely even reading ljub's Civ 4 thread.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Reading Ljubs' PB75 thread stretches those of us not playing any games.

(Ljub, it's definitely better since you restarted the ADHD meds though).
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

if we can get confirmed interest i don't mind waiting a while... i have two games of civ4 going on as well. admittedly, one of them not requiring a ton of attention

I am willing to sign up to get my arse kicked. I have no view regarding settings. I am not fussed if we end up with a slightly slower game pace of a turn every two days after the early game plays out. I do not care about the map, but I think it would be quite nice to play a game where we don't all get boat murdered. I will be food, but I'm going to to be an easy meal.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I was thinking a land game might be fun, settings wise, although I'm motivated by wanting to play district simulator vs real players

Look, I'm fine with that. I'm fine with most things at a decent turn pace.

I would guess this game would be a non-teamer game on a standard map. This would give this ban list:

Civs:
-Hungry
-Scythia
-Babylon
-Basil II
-Maori (for water maps)
-Bull Moose Teddy

I also didn't like Chandragupta for being useless but there are a bunch of useless leaders now so he's no longer special.

Every one of these are an unstoppable rush civ expect Bull Moose Teddy. He's banned because he is a 2x Nan Madol.

Babylon and Maori may not technically be a rush civ but they would be so OP that they would play like one.

Other:
-Venetian Arsenal
-Religious Settlements Pantheon
-Work Ethic
-Nan Madol
-No pillaging City-State tiles except for farms and fishing boats.
-Resource hiding ban. We would need more complex rules for a team game, but it is obviously intentional here.
-No tactical DoWs.
-City-gifting lol

Every single one of these expect the tactical DoWs and city-gifting just give way too much stuff if they are not banned. Tactical DoW is banned because if you spawn next to Australia you are screwed. Due to no corruption system in this game conquering is the best strategy. So, it is conquer or be conquered. If Australia conquers you, you are screwed. If you try to conquer Australia you will get screwed by others tactically DoWing Australia. I would just ban Australia instead, but I know other players would want this instead.

City-gifting is so obvious that I don't have to talk about it. smile