As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[PB66] Tarkeel and civac explore the untamed wilds

Welcome to the untamed wilds of Norrath
[Image: loading-original.jpg]
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Pre-game Notable turns Cities

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

I'm not going to do a full trait analysis this time, not much has changed since PB62, but that game did make me re-evaluate IMP:

Main benefit is that you really don't have to think about where to get the next settler from; any city (including fresh ones) can just freshly two-whip when needed at size 4.

Note I may still very well change anything outside the cross.

[Image: ERQ4h81.png]

Thanks Mjmd. What was that you said about lush starts earlier? :P

Did you settle on large or standard for worldsize?

So you like it, you don't like it?

Size is standard.

Initial thoughts: That's a lot of resources. Sure, a sheep isn't a pig or a cow, but it's s decent tile. Hunting looks important here with both deer and ivory, and with three luxuries available already CHA does not look too interesting. Not too many hills, but 6 chopable forests. Looks like a commerce-focused capital.

Civac and me had some initial talks about what to play, me favoring retrying Spain on a better suited map, or perhaps Germany. This looks like the case for the latter. My thinking is that with 11 players, most of whom are pretty good, this is a game that might be decided late enough for Germany to really shine. While the factory is "only 1 tech earlier", that's misleading due to the Corporation requirement. Without a beeline you're looking at factories 10 turns ahead of everyone else. Riesengarde also looks enticing, and might be bulbed for early.

ORG might not be mandatory with a standard size, we're looking at fast early teching and IIRC higher distance maintenance but lower max maintenance per city.

Had a chat with civac before snake list was posted, and we were interested in the following 5 civs, depending on snake pick:
1. America with PHI
2. Germany with ORG
3. Azteca with Asoka (SPI/ORG)
4. Ottoman with EXP
5. Zulu with AGG

As the first (and last) picker it's always possible to possibly snag IND, so Nebby (PHI/IND) of America or Roosevelt (ORG/IND) of Germany.

We were just about to announce picking Julius Caesar and praying that nobody's interested in Germany. While America is good, Germany has such a fast start that we're not quire sure how to play it.

Start 7 - Tarkeel and Civic

Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18