As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers]C6PBEM23: Krill sidles yonder, and probably fails

Blurb. Blurb. Blurb. Blah.

Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Leaders choices

1. Yongle
  2. Gorgo
  3. Ramses
  4. Ludwig II
  5. Ambiorix
  6. Sejong

Do I need any more? I don't actually know how many people are in this game.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(July 16th, 2024, 15:57)Krill Wrote: Leaders choices

1. Yongle
  2. Gorgo
  3. Ramses
  4. Ludwig II
  5. Ambiorix
  6. Sejong

Do I need any more? I don't actually know how many people are in this game.

There should be 5 people at best, so this is enough.  mischief

Anyone want to ded lurk me is welcome. I'll probably be reporting this game using dictation and screenshots for time. You can be promised ample opportunity to mock me however you see fit.

This looks like an interesting set of leaders.

Chev and TAD fught over the first two religions. Greenline has a leg up in early game tech but probably not late game. Whosit will own early game civics but again tails off. TAD has the food edge so a big question is what can he do with it? And over everything looms my incompetence and Yongle as a potential mid and late game behemoth, pushing players to get a move on and do something.

I think I have to avoid religion unless I get a shot at Henge (but I still need a religious district right to actually found a religion?) Looking at Fertility Rights for the extra growth (usually considered trash but this is Yongle) but I'll take whatever helps get that first city to size 10. I doubt anyone actually wants Ferrility Rights though.

I have to focus on reaching Castles and Feudalism. Early game should just be the fundamentals and that includes controlling for barbs. Are there any decent guides for how to play the early game? Warrior first is standard right?

Still looking for ded lurkers. I got 99 questions but the leader pick ain't one.

Warrior first if you want a casual game where you don't care about snowballing.

No guides I'm aware of but all of my openings have been completely different so look at the pieces and see how to put them together yourself. Zigzagzigal on Steam has good guides on the mechanics but ignore the strategic advice as it's about how to roleplay the civ.

Thanks. I mostly need the mechanics threads. Combat formula, district discount formula etc. I'm toying with opening with Lilja into an early pantheon and settler at size 2 to try and control district costs, probably double campus. Then focus on triple promoting Magnus to Surplus Logistics Provision and rush for plaza and Ancestral Hall in one of those two cities. But I need to see how to put it together. Early culture pantheon might be solid.

I will not be getting the turn tonight, and I'm not quite sure when I'm going to get a chance to look at anything tomorrow. Got a few issues to deal with at work.

I'm not going to do a player preview. If anyone wants to right a guest player preview (like how scooter invited me to roast his pick in PB76), applications via PM please.

I'm not going to do a more detailed pick review, simply because the review above is the limit of my understanding of the game.

What I am going to do is set a few goals.
  • A size 10 capital by T65.
  • Not losing any units to barbs.
  • Government district built before PP is completed.
  • Document every turn the required screenshots (I don't know what I'm recording though. Statistics? Map overlays?)
  • Try not to bitch about stuff

Anything else lurkers want to see?

Read it and weep.

Lurker mechanics question: If I settle on the southern stone do I get the extra production in the capital or not?