As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New Civilization 5 Expansion - Brave New World

Obs Mode means we should be able to spool it into a video to watch later. Spectating would be awesome.
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1

Yeah that's the fun bit. I used to watch a ton of starcraft streams, all you need is a record of inputs vs time, and bam, you have a replay file.

Also enables one to properly analyze someone else's play without needing them to make meticulous notes. Could lead to interesting breakthroughs from the resultant data-sharing.
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1

(April 12th, 2013, 08:00)Sareln Wrote: @Brick,

I think they'd focus on ER b/c there's a good body of work in American History about how she effectively ran the government when FDR was infirm/recovering from his latest bout. I don't think anyone says the same thing about either HC or SP.

If they were actually paying attention to history they wouldn't have picked half the female leaders they did. Recentism says that Hillary would be a lot more likely than Eleanor, yeah. Palin was just a governor, I don't think they can fail that badly. Otherwise they might as well be picking Harriet Tubman...

Eleanor Roosevelt b4 Hillary. Fro sho.

Protecive/Organized?

(April 12th, 2013, 12:42)NobleHelium Wrote:
(April 12th, 2013, 08:00)Sareln Wrote: @Brick,

I think they'd focus on ER b/c there's a good body of work in American History about how she effectively ran the government when FDR was infirm/recovering from his latest bout. I don't think anyone says the same thing about either HC or SP.

If they were actually paying attention to history they wouldn't have picked half the female leaders they did. Recentism says that Hillary would be a lot more likely than Eleanor, yeah. Palin was just a governor, I don't think they can fail that badly. Otherwise they might as well be picking Harriet Tubman...

It worked for Iron Sky smile
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

They promised Pitboss in G&K though, didn't they? Or was it "soon" (TM Blizzard) after? Hope it's will actually be there smile

NOOOO Joao is my favourite leader, why not him smile

Anybody remember when Civilization was about cities and buildings and population? I think Firaxis has forgotten.

First minute in and they're talking about a "Scramble for Africa" scenario as the reason for including Portugal, as they were a major colonial player.

Anyone who has even a cursory knowledge of the real Torschlusspanik would know that Portugal had little to no part to play in the late 19th Cent. colonial ventures, as it had been killed off as a serious expansionary colonial power in the mid 17th. Century by the Dutch. This kind of thing really annoys me, tbh.

All I can say is, that if their coding skills are at the same level as their historical knowledge this expansion is going to be Big Rigs Racing bad. I hope not for the sakes of the people who are liking this game,.
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.