As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Tides of War, a balance mod

If you want to keep the essence of CHA but nerf it in the early game, you could maybe let it have +2 happy and +1 happy from some common later-era building, such as the courthouse.
I have to run.

It's less about power level and more about it feeling like more than necessary, IMO.

(March 12th, 2014, 00:03)SevenSpirits Wrote: Russia: UB is now a university replacement with 1 free scientist. (Looking for a name...)

Unfortunately, most of our nouns in education sphere are imported, so we have shkola, akademia, ooniversitet, gimnazii and litsei. Interestingly, "gymnasiums" had nothing to do with sports, but were high-level secondary education institutions, largely for nobility, i.e. future civil servants and officers. Thematically, Gimnazia would be the most appropriate for an enlightenment-era nationally prominent institution, but doesn't really work as a university replacement.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

(March 12th, 2014, 09:01)Bacchus Wrote: Thematically, Gimnazia would be the most appropriate for an enlightenment-era nationally prominent institution, but doesn't really work as a university replacement.

Why do you say it doesn't work as a university replacement?

Just so you guys know, Frontier Post was originally going to be General Store, and I argued with Seven for half an hour that it was too generic sounding. I joked that if it were General Store in say Arabic it would be fine, but then he pointed out that Trading Post is super generic too. lol

I like General Store.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

(March 13th, 2014, 01:49)Gaspar Wrote: I like General Store.

I can tell why you and Noble are such good teammates. lol

I don't see how you can possibly like General Store more than Frontier Post.

(March 12th, 2014, 13:40)SevenSpirits Wrote:
(March 12th, 2014, 09:01)Bacchus Wrote: Thematically, Gimnazia would be the most appropriate for an enlightenment-era nationally prominent institution, but doesn't really work as a university replacement.

Why do you say it doesn't work as a university replacement?

Mostly flavour reasons I guess. Gimnazia is a secondary school, not a high school

Keeping Research Lab as the name would actually work just fine