As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Invitation to a huge world map PB

(November 28th, 2019, 14:21)Charriu Wrote: Sorry, I meant Ramk could put that link in the first post.
Makes sense. lol

(November 28th, 2019, 14:21)Charriu Wrote: Sorry, I meant Ramk could put that link in the first post.

Done.

Where can i find the German threads to lurk? Or has no one created any yet. Hard to navigate the site

Here
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

It's possible the map will be changed. Lord of the Civ worries, based on player threads and the spectators, that the starts were unbalanced. (Mentioned here.) LotC will probably get Ramk and others to look over the map. Just a heads up.
There is no way to peace. Peace is the way.

Given how unbalanced the civs and leaders are anyway is there anything that can be done for the map? Maybe LotC would be interested in the setup thread for PB30? In this case without knowing all the players you just give the best spot on the map to the worst combo, then the second gets the second worst and so on.

Without seeing the other positions...

Mine is what I would call minimum viable.
If there are starts worse than mine, they definitely need a boost.

Whilst I did not sign up for this game, I am currently a DL for superjm. I cannot speak for superjm, or make a comment on his start, as that wold not be appropriate.

Speaking as to balance though...how did you not see this coming? There is no semblance of balance in a game where players had randomly assigned leaders, in an unbalanced mod. Balancing the land is little better than playing favourites: whoever got a good leader has a huge advantage if everyone has reasonable quality land.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(December 1st, 2019, 15:18)naufragar Wrote: It's possible the map will be changed. Lord of the Civ worries, based on player threads and the spectators, that the starts were unbalanced. (Mentioned here.) LotC will probably get Ramk and others to look over the map. Just a heads up.

Lord of the Civ put a lot of energy into organizing the game and designing the card. But it is hard for one person to keep track of 52 starting positions. Now, after the stories started, he is feared that the map contain some problematic regions/starting positions.
Three players now re-check the map and regarding of the output we probably changes some positions. He should have asked for help sooner, but I'm sure we could give him and you the confidence that the card is fairly designed. smile Sorry, for that but I think in round zero it is still ok.

I hope LotC doesn't take any of this personally. I agree that it is impossible for a single person to balance a map of this type with no support.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18