As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

In the case of a multiple belligerent war we should, as much as possible, get combatants on one side of the conflict onto the same half of the timer. Those involved should be able to amicably settle this (with lurker input if needed) without requiring a 4 way timer split in the vast majority of combat situations. As wars increase in complexity we can adjust the length of the timer as needed.

I'll flat out say that I'd sooner resign or convert Germany to AI than play in a game where double moves are permitted. I'm prone to fits of rage as it is and know from experience that double move shenanigans make me behave like a right <expletive> in public. No way I'm experiencing that again.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

This game resembles PB7 close enough as it is. The last thing we need is to remove the turn splits and open that nightmare up all over again. Try to stay patient.

Speaking of which, hopefully Barry can get his turn in soon otherwise I'm going to need a pause
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

banghead Sorry, now a reset please. I misread the clock and thought the game was rolling in an hour so didn't jump in to pause myself.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Situations like Pindicator's here are what I'm talking about. Sorry, if you're in the first half a turn split, you should play in the first 18 hours (let alone 12) or post that you can't, or it's just extremely rude.

Yeah, I definitely would not go with allowing double moves, but I think one's protection from double-moves within a war should expire after enough hours into the timer (18, 20, certainly 24), unless the player has highlighted that he'll have difficulties playing on time. If your situation with regard to turnplaying is at all tricky, that is if you expect there is as much as 15% chance of not being able to play, you should raise a warning here and try to leave instructions in your thread.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

Perhaps if a civ has the first half of the timer and 18hrs have passed then empower Parkin to play that civ's turn? Seems like a natural extension of our current setup and the same sort of caveats would still apply.

Of course I don't know how involved Parkin wants to get in war turns and it's not reasonable to expect him to be around 24/7 so it wouldn't be fool proof.

(June 29th, 2014, 10:13)pindicator Wrote: banghead Sorry, now a reset please. I misread the clock and thought the game was rolling in an hour so didn't jump in to pause myself.

We need a reload. Please be explicit and prompt when that is the case, and pause the game so people don't keep playing. And PM Caledorn.

I'm on vacation, on low bandwidth, so somebody else please pause the game and contact Caledorn.

(Pindicator missed his turn because he was waiting for Barry Lyndon to play. Also several others missed their turn and noone paused for Parkin to work his magic.)
I have to run.

Caledorn emailed. I think TBS just paused the game.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Yeah, paused.