As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Unpausing now.

Jumping in to play myself.

Finally got Visual Studio to install right ...
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

in case anyone was wondering, I retired to AI in order to reset my password so that Parkin can play my turns if he wants to without me giving up my forum password for it.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

Finished turn. It's unpaused with 50 min to go. MYKI is in now, so that just leaves Zanth and Barry, right?
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(June 29th, 2014, 16:34)Old Harry Wrote: I'll add to the chorus of no to double moves, but having been stuck in a vicious 3-way split in PB13 I wonder if a rule that says if you're getting involved in an existing turn split you *have* to go on the "correct" side would make things easier?

It makes timing hard if the existing fighters are quick on the draw and you need to take the first half, but a pm to one of the players (not necessarily the victim) would be fine, right? Any other reasons it wouldn't work (other than more rules being generally a bad thing)?

Not possible. Look at the war between Pindi, novice and myself in PB15. There isn't a "correct" side to go on...just try to fit it in such that people can stick to their normal play windows. ie Keep the turn rolling at a set time every day eg 1200 GMT, so then have the person who plays at 1800 GMT play first, then the guy at 2200 GMT and then the person who plays at 0300 GMT last.

And anyone who can play at multiple times of the day should try to stick to 1.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Playing within the first 12 hours of the timer at all times is not going to be practicable for everyone, indeed it's going to be quite unpracticable for most Europeans. 18 is more realistic and still quite strict.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

I paused this with 21 mins left, for Zanth and Barry. I imagine their turns will need to be Parkinized, but the midnight US-Eastern turn roll time seemed to work reasonably well last week so maybe we should just go back to that and get used to the turns rolling the same time every day.

(Though, I'm not sure that's realistic given delinquent first-half turn split players.)

Please remember to repause after you play in a situation like this. I logged in to finish zanth/darrell's turn after Barry played (and did not repause), and the timer - obscured by the scoreboard - ticked to zero before I had finished moving all the units. Not worth reloading for I think, but please keep it in mind in the future.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Thanks, LP. Seriously, if everyone in this game spent a fraction of the effort playing promptly and communicating that a guy who isn't even playing in the game does, then this game would run really smoothly.

(June 29th, 2014, 19:28)WilliamLP Wrote: Thanks, LP. Seriously, if everyone in this game spent a fraction of the effort playing promptly and communicating that a guy who isn't even playing in the game does, then this game would run really smoothly.

Well said nod
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player