As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

(June 29th, 2014, 19:28)WilliamLP Wrote: Thanks, LP. Seriously, if everyone in this game spent a fraction of the effort playing promptly and communicating that a guy who isn't even playing in the game does, then this game would run really smoothly.

+1 more from me smile
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

Whoever was bouncing off of me, I'm out now.

Can one of you guys who are connected right now confirm for me if my turn is ended? The website shows that I've looked, but I don't remember doing so, and I have no idea where I'm at with regards to this turn based off the reload stuff that happened. And dtay has a firewall that is blocking me.

EDIT: Disregard...logging in now to see for myself.

(June 29th, 2014, 21:55)HitAnyKey Wrote: Can one of you guys who are connected right now confirm for me if my turn is ended? The website shows that I've looked, but I don't remember doing so, and I have no idea where I'm at with regards to this turn based off the reload stuff that happened. And dtay has a firewall that is blocking me.

Out btw
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

(June 29th, 2014, 21:55)HitAnyKey Wrote: Can one of you guys who are connected right now confirm for me if my turn is ended? The website shows that I've looked, but I don't remember doing so, and I have no idea where I'm at with regards to this turn based off the reload stuff that happened. And dtay has a firewall that is blocking me.

EDIT: Disregard...logging in now to see for myself.
I think it's because you logged in (and/or ended turn) before we reloaded the turn--the portal still remembers that you were logged in during T87, so it thinks you've looked.

@Parkin (to avoid going off-topic in the PYFT topic)
How long has the longest 30+ person game you've seen gone, and how many turns was it? Do we have the turn record at this point? Similarly, how big was the biggest game you've seen completed? (anyone else can chime in as well)

(June 29th, 2014, 22:41)Cheater Hater Wrote: @Parkin (to avoid going off-topic in the PYFT topic)
How long has the longest 30+ person game you've seen gone, and how many turns was it? Do we have the turn record at this point? Similarly, how big was the biggest game you've seen completed? (anyone else can chime in as well)

I think there was a 40 player game I tried to sub for that didn't get much past 50 or so turns. The other game I was thinking of had 28 players and actually did finish in a space race after quite a while. (I originally was going to be one of the players in that game but experienced darrell's connection issue from the start.)

Here are all the 19+ player games recorded on Civstats, sorted by number of players, along with their endgame state to the best of my knowledge.

RBPB18 (34) 4000 BC - moved off Civstats
KAC Dyplo 3 (32) 1575 AD - concession
KAC DYPLO4 (32) 1510 AD - concession?
Rhyes and Fall of Pitboss (31) 0 AD - abandoned
Dyplo5 (30) 1740 AD - concession?
Dyplo7 (30) 1730 AD - concession?
Chaos and Civility II (28) 1776 AD - space race (Munro)
Holiday Dyplo (27) 1944 AD - concession?
Ascent of Man (25) 6000 BC - abandoned
Dyplo8 (25) 1820 AD - concession?
ArckonWL24Civ (24) 1295 AD - concession (DanDRidge)
Giant Earth - The Game (23) 3960 BC - abandoned
testrtw (23) 0 AD - abandoned
Dyplo6 (22) 1818 AD - concession?
FFH Peanut Butter (20) 0 AD - abandoned
DyploMis2 (19) 1800 AD - concession?

The Polish civ site was responsible for the "Dyplo" games, and did remarkably well at running a several different 19-32 player games successfully a long time ago.

Here's an endgame write-up for KAC Dyplo 3 (32 players): http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=301952

I note at T85 we've already exceeded their total endgame forum posts for that game, and they had diplo on. lol
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Wow, that's a large and dedicated community in Poland. I better go take my turn.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

Dhal retired from the game last turn. Is everything OK with him?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(June 30th, 2014, 08:50)Krill Wrote: Dhal retired from the game last turn. Is everything OK with him?

(June 29th, 2014, 17:45)Dhalphir Wrote: in case anyone was wondering, I retired to AI in order to reset my password so that Parkin can play my turns if he wants to without me giving up my forum password for it.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Makes sense. Thanks for hte heads up.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18