As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[TECH] IT and issues thread

Second turn and we already have a guy threatening to run the clock down on his turns until getting an official apology bang

I know this user for many years…
Sounds like some RL frustration/stress and hopefully it'll be forgotten tomorrow.

Well, 2metraninja's reasoning/reaction for non-moving was was more sympathetic wink

Hey Ramk and Lord of the civ - can you tell us if the barbarians started with archery? Thanks.

(December 16th, 2019, 04:33)Meiz Wrote: Second turn and we already have a guy threatening to run the clock down on his turns until getting an official apology bang

(December 16th, 2019, 05:11)Ramkhamhaeng Wrote: I know this user for many years…
Sounds like some RL frustration/stress and hopefully it'll be forgotten tomorrow.

If not, delaying 50 other users every turn because you are mad at one will likely lead to someone killing you early...

Is randomizing player order each End of Turn part of this mod?
(For figuring trade routes, etc)

Or do I get a nice advantage for being near the top of the list?

That's standard game behaviour (acts as tie breaks for wonders etc).
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(December 16th, 2019, 11:48)Old Harry Wrote: Hey Ramk and Lord of the civ - can you tell us if the barbarians started with archery? Thanks.
Barbarians were not changed manually. As far as I know barbs have no starting techs.

(December 16th, 2019, 15:53)Elkad Wrote: Is randomizing player order each End of Turn part of this mod?
(For figuring trade routes, etc)

Or do I get a nice advantage for being near the top of the list?
It's not part of the mod, but as Krill stated Civ already randomizes player order in simultaneous games.

Good luck on getting the Magellan bonus though, as that's one of the few things where player-ID is still relevant. biggrin

Btw: as previously mentioned there'll be a "pause" (= very long timer) over the holidays, starting 21.12.19 (saturday) until 05.01.20 (sunday). After that we'll get back to 48h-timer.

So we will have 1 turn over the holidays it looks like... lol
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

Hit BaLL's thread by accident, backed out before it loaded.
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.