As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New Civilization 5 Expansion - Brave New World

(August 4th, 2013, 19:24)MJW (ya that one) Wrote:
(August 4th, 2013, 11:52)NobleHelium Wrote: Return of caravans? lol

I don't get this. Are you saying that it is silly that they added in caravans again?

Well I don't know, is a caravan what I think it is?

(August 4th, 2013, 11:52)NobleHelium Wrote: Revenge of caravans? lol

mischief I hate it when games make you manually set up trade routes.
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

Okay so it's not "caravans" as we're used to them. lol

(August 5th, 2013, 00:09)NobleHelium Wrote: Okay so it's not "caravans" as we're used to them. lol

If you mean like Civ1 caravans for rushing wonders then no they aren't. With todays caravans you set up trade-routes over land. If you reach a foreign city (no matter if CS or main-civ) you get gold & a little bit of science(if the other knows tech you don't) and some religious pressure (if the other city follows a religion). The target city/civ gets also some gold,beakers and religion but less than you get.

You can also setup a TR to one of your own cities. If you have a granary in the sending city you can send food, if you have a workshop you can send hammers. But the amount is not that tremendous and a TR runs for 30(?) turns before you can change it again so not really for rushing wonders.

Well I've played Civ5 a little more and... I found a few things. Meaw

1. For a conquest victory you are required to own ALL capitals. Yay...
2. I've found the cheapest way to win a game of Civ5, ever! mischief
a) Start a standard game but with no city-states.
b) Build the Forbidden Palace in a reasonable time. With it's to delegates you take control over the hosting. With no city states no will pick patronage to unlock the Palace.
c) With your host votes and FP votes you have enough votes to win a Diplo victory on a standard size map!!!
d) Don't die. This is easier than it looks because you control the vote and make people love you by proposing what people want.

This would make OCC Deity easy to beat. You may have to reset a few times to avoid DoW. But that is easier than it looks because "doing stuff" is what makes the AI made. However, if you OCC and only build the FP you don't do anything. The AI can never covet the FP because it will never unlock it to. The player just has to show a modicum of skill of building the FP before the original host gets too many votes. So a plan for OCC would be to beeline metal casting for the great engineer and then unlock banking.

I should note that Diplo is no longer easy sometimes as AI's tend to buy up city states aggressively. So you have to have a high GPT in order to win. It's still not good because if you have that high GPT you could have won in anyway. It's not a separate victory condition.

I stumbled on this by building the FP for the unhappiness in an IMM game.

So if you just want to say "I beat Deity" use this. lol

Well, I used the spy system and saw that the "level 2" bug is fixed. The level 2 bug made the AI get over Deity bonuses on EMP... The game makers probably beefed up the bonuses on levels over 4 to make the game still challenging though. Or maybe the 100hp system makes that big of difference....

Found an AI exploit, you can block their settler with two units. When they try to move around, just adjust the position of your two units. They'll forever try to get past you without succeeding in it. A handy way to secure some more land for yourself. Very cheesy though :P Basically the idea of blockading someone's expansion is a legit strategy, but the fact that the AI doesn't ever give up trying to get past you is where it becomes cheesy.

2 worker units only? I assume the strat doesn't work during war, therefore only civilian units will work wink

(August 12th, 2013, 14:48)Jowy Wrote: Found an AI exploit, you can block their settler with two units. When they try to move around, just adjust the position of your two units. They'll forever try to get past you without succeeding in it. A handy way to secure some more land for yourself. Very cheesy though :P Basically the idea of blockading someone's expansion is a legit strategy, but the fact that the AI doesn't ever give up trying to get past you is where it becomes cheesy.

Oh, this looks something like scout resource denial jive . This is so cheesy though I would only use it if the map generator shafted me.

Tasunke, units from different civs can never stack. So it doesn't matter what units you use (caravans don't count as units).

what is the EMP victory type?