As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Season 3 World Championships

I wonder why xPeke picked TF into Fizz when even the commentator immediately questioned it. That's the first time xPeke looked worse in the 1v1 mid.

xPeke has had success with TF against assassins by running exhaust in the past.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Worst part of competitive League of Legends - the game is so snowbally that a level 1 double kill is gg.

I thought fnatic looked better than C9 in that game to be honest, regardless of the double kill.

Yes, Lemondogs for example got early kills in quite a few of their games, but ended up losing because the other team equalized when the midgame arrived.

When Fnatic lost, they were still doing well in fights. When C9 lost, they lost hard. The right team progressed IMO.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I agree Fnatic looked better but you can't base very much off a game where Lee Sin starts his jungle with a Madred's. C9 not banning Kass was odd.

They tried to counter with Kennan, due to the range.

What can I say, xPeke is just better than Hai.

C9 made some questionable choices - I think it showed that they didn't have any experience playing against really top-tier competition, because those choices felt lazy, the kind of stuff they can get away with all year in the NA LCS because they're so much better than everyone else there.

Still, NA had a better showing this year as compared to last, but in order to produce a real contender, NA needs a team or two that rivals C9 so they find those holes in their game before the world finals. Frankly, I'm surprised C9 is as good as they are, given the lack of competition in NA.

Edit: Meteos' jungle playstyle is the biggest consequence of that lazy mentality. The idea that he should just farm up and get ahead assumes that the lanes won't lose too badly with that reduced jungle presence. It works magnificently in NA where that assumption is true, but they can't be a contender for the world finals while their team is so optimized for consistently beating teams significantly worse then themselves.

Royal Club vs OMG

Game 1
Game 2

What really catches my attention is how quickly those games went from being "close" to breaking the nexus.