As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Invitation to a huge world map PB

(November 10th, 2019, 16:31)Cornflakes Wrote: I’ll dedlurk someone who plans on reporting on RB. I’ll be able to cover occasional turns as well

Although i have a couple dedlurkers now... im always looking for more to notice all my mistakes and slap me for them. Of course, i dont want to hog all the dedlurlkers..
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

Btw. out of curiosity for this game, is the 52 player / huge world map available for download somewhere? I know this event will have a modified version, but I'm interested in trying this out in single player  lol

My votes:

difficulty? deity/immortal/emperor
gifting units? yes, unrestricted/yes, but only non-combat units/yes, if recipient has required techs to build gifted unit/no
goody huts? yes/no
events? yes/no
barbs? yes/no
gifting cities (with referee's permission)? yes/no
corporations? yes/yes, but mitigated/no
nuclear weapons? yes/ICBM no, tactical nuke yes/no
start? with settler/with capital
moving capital after spaceship launch? yes/no (I'm guessing this is to prevent a cheese with moving the capital around, as stopping the space race requires capturing capital)
Civilisations? (mostly) accurate positions on worldmap/random

difficulty? emperor
gifting units? no
goody huts? no
events? no
barbs? yes
gifting cities no
corporations? no
nuclear weapons? no
start? with settler
moving capital after spaceship launch? No
Civilisations? Random

This should be interesting.  Deity is currently beating (Immortal + Emperor) 18-16, so assuming graduated polling is in place there is still a shot an an Immortal game.  What is the difference in a Deity/Immortal game without AI besides the happy cap? 

Also, get ready for unit gifting!  I still find it sketchy but not enough to malign the host site for it.  I've only had one bad experience with it here, but units against me were gifted without the tech and it looks like there will end up being a requirement for gifting.  I am sure there is a reason for it -- some mentioned diplomacy.  But if you want to help someone bad enough, join the war yourself.

I am really hoping for random locations (migration).  Otherwise there will be no strategy or guesswork in determining your neighbors.  Just look where you are on the map and check PBSpy to have a good idea which neighbors you rolled.  Although with max 4 native cities on the map unless conquest, I suppose those neighbors will reveal themselves quickly enough.

All in all, I am just looking at this game as a fun new experience and am actually looking forward to seeing how things are played in a different community. Also, to see who we each end up getting as our civ!

Quote:Cornflakes Wrote:
I’ll dedlurk someone who plans on reporting on RB. I’ll be able to cover occasional turns as well

Cornflakes, I know I am not the most prolific poster but having someone depend on my input has worked in the past.  So feel free to join me and if I leave you unspoiled you can feel free to jump ship. lol

Seriously, if you want to team up, I will make the effort.

As far as I know the difficulty is voted because of the difference in city maintenance

It also affects tech costs, barb spawning, inflation and unit costs.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Great, thanks!

(November 11th, 2019, 02:53)Donovan Zoi Wrote:
Quote:Cornflakes Wrote:
I’ll dedlurk someone who plans on reporting on RB. I’ll be able to cover occasional turns as well

Cornflakes, I know I am not the most prolific poster but having someone depend on my input has worked in the past.  So feel free to join me and if I leave you unspoiled you can feel free to jump ship. lol

Seriously, if you want to team up, I will make the effort.

Sure, just PM me when you have a thread started in case I’m not following the setup closely.

The guys at CivForum started a poll for all of the settings here. You need to sign up at their forum to participate. In their registration process is one (not so) random question you need to answer:

In der Nacht leuchtet nicht die Sonne, sondern der ...

The answer to that question is

Mond

EDIT: I will also translate the poll for you here.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

• SG: Gottheit = Difficulty: Deity
  • SG: Unsterblicher = Difficulty: Immortal
  • SG: Kaiser = Difficulty: Emperor
  • Einheiten verschenken: uneingeschränkt erlaubt = Gift units: no limitation
  • Einheiten verschenken: nur Zivile erlaubt* = Gift units: only civil units
  • Einheiten verschenken: nur bei Techbesitz erlaubt** = Gift units: only if receiver owns required techs
  • Einheiten verschenken: verboten = Gift units: Not allowed
  • Stammesdörfer: an = Huts: On
  • Stammesdörfer: aus = Huts: Off
  • Zufallsereignisse: an = Events: On
  • Zufallsereignisse: aus = Events: Off
  • Barbaren: an = Barbs: On
  • Barbaren: aus = Barbs: Off
  • Städte verschenken: eingeschränkt erlaubt*** = Gift cities: with limitation, an arbiter has to decide on every deal. No attacker should be spoiled of their fair conquest and using city gifting for gamey tactical benefits (teleporting, blockade etc.) are not allowed
  • Städte verschenken: verboten = Gift cities: Not allowed
  • KG: an = Corporations: On
  • KG: an, aber abgeschwächt**** = Corporations: On, but modified to be weaker
  • KG: aus = Corporations: Off
  • Atomwaffen: an = Nukes: On
  • Atomwaffen: ICBM verboten, taktische Nuklearwaffe erlaubt = Nukes: ICBM not allowed, others allowed
  • Atomwaffen: aus = Nukes: Off
  • Start: mit Siedler = Start: with settler
  • Start: mit gesetzter HS = Start: prebuild capitol
  • Verlegung der HS nach RS-Start: erlaubt = Relocating capitol after space ship launched: Allowed
  • Verlegung der HS nach RS-Start: verboten = Relocating capitol after space ship launched: Not Allowed
  • Karte: Zivs liegen historisch korrekt***** = Map: Civs start in their actual historical area (slight deviations on civs with multiple leaders)
  • Karte: mit Völkerwanderung****** = Map: Civs don't start in their actual historical area (random)
  • Ich spiele nicht mit, will aber trotzdem abstimmen! = I'm not participating, but want to vote anyway.

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

One of the organisers told me he will count your votes manually, so you don't have to participate in the poll, if it is to hard for you. Just answer the questionare here.

Buy me a coffee