As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Lurkers][no players] Gods & Kings? More like Clods & Dings

Attack with scout. Check odds for spearman, if not enough to kill use warcharriot first. Otherwise attack, then move wc into city and double hit other cbow. Then focus on Azzas spear if they stay. If Pinds spear is not too hurt or city too low, maybe hit the cb at river once more to kill. At that time a cb should be done in city, wc out cb stays.
Unless mongols swoop in, or Azza brings more pain the city should be fine.

Sounds right (MJW's plan), the important part there being to get the war chariot safely into the capital where it can't be killed. I'm not sure if the spear attacking the CB is correct -- Azza could respond by shooting all 3 CBs at the spear which would probably kill it. But pindicator might have to do that anyway.

I also think pindicator needs to use the scout for some attacking. It's expendable, and could make the difference in killing a CB a turn sooner.

Finally, the most important move for pindicator is to start building a comp bow of his own in his capital. He could have started that a turn ago after Stonehenge, he hasn't said. It should complete in 3 turns, and the city will last that long.

edit - SadGit's plan sounds good too, the key point being if the WC + spear + scout attacks are enough to kill that CB. I don't know Civ 5's combat math well enough in my head to work that out. But it can be done in game, mouseover each attacker to see its expected damage on the CB.

If you attack the spear where the scout is standing it can only be attacked twice as the river blocks a third attack. After being attacked twice there is a good chance the spear gets the insta-heal promo and can attack again. I think SadGit's plan is better if you can kill that CB. Of course pindi should build as many units as possible at this point.

Good thing Azza is updating with details because pindicator isn't. Pindi's war chariot is gone from the latest pic, did it get killed?

Azza brought the spearman up front too soon. I think pindi can hold now by just shooting down the spearman so that Azza has nothing left to capture the city. That should work for sure if pindi is indeed producing a CB of his own. But that would kind of ruin pindicator's game anyway for a while, being choked while the city and CB slowly plink down the rest of the invaders.

I'm also not sure pindi is really paying attention to the tactics, especially if he did let the WC get killed instead of stuffing it in the city where it belonged. (And if he isn't building a CB now, then the city will fall and deserves to.) Let's see what he does with the spearman this turn.

Well if pindicator loses his capital he may be stuck hitting end turn for the rest of the game. I hope he's allowed to retire to AI.

(June 10th, 2013, 09:13)T-hawk Wrote: Good thing Azza is updating with details because pindicator isn't. Pindi's war chariot is gone from the latest pic, did it get killed?

Azza brought the spearman up front too soon. I think pindi can hold now by just shooting down the spearman so that Azza has nothing left to capture the city. That should work for sure if pindi is indeed producing a CB of his own. But that would kind of ruin pindicator's game anyway for a while, being choked while the city and CB slowly plink down the rest of the invaders.

I'm also not sure pindi is really paying attention to the tactics, especially if he did let the WC get killed instead of stuffing it in the city where it belonged. (And if he isn't building a CB now, then the city will fall and deserves to.) Let's see what he does with the spearman this turn.

Well if he did drop his WC he deserves to have his capital taken out. This may not happen because he only needs to kill one spearman still.

NH, if he quits after his capital gets taken there is no way they can find a replacement player. I think everyone else would accept an AI take-over rather than quitting the game... mischief

My point was that in Civ4, there are many incentives to finishing someone off. In Civ5, not so much.

Well it looks like azza's attack is fucked. mischief I'm 100% sure if the almost dead bowman does not have an instant heal-promo. It would be even worse if he did not drop a war chariot

What do you think about pindi sending a declaration of friendship to Ichabod? I don't think it matters.

Yup, pindi holds. 4 CBs doesn't take a city, you need more like 6 or 7. All Azza can do now is kill the spear and retreat the damaged CB. And pillage the gold to be annoying.

I don't think a Declaration of Friendship means anything between human players except for signing RAs.

(June 11th, 2013, 04:36)Azza Wrote:

Offered a fairly expensive peace deal since I'm not in a good position to take Matrix. But I'm ok with a long war too.

Not a good position lol. Azza is really emulating the Civ5-AI quite nicely here.

The wounded CB dies to the scout and the spear to Matrix+CB+ (CA/Archer if necessary). The next turn sees the next CB dead, and the rest is mopup.