As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Gavagai, Bacchus and Elizabeth Form a Romantic Trio

What are our demos like with working all the improved tiles that we have?

On warrior movement, next turn, after Dusty gets onto the hill, Outback should start going 2NE to the forest, to prevent barb spawns around the corn. After this, the nearest barb could only spawn way over in the floods or back in the jungle. Not that monarch barbs are that much of an issue.

If you are worried about leaving Yark unprotected, we can bring up the capital warrior to it. But basically, 2NE starts realising the plan that we already had of getting a warrior onto the corn.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

Wow, Serdoa has a baller start. Two cities AND Stonegenge well before T50.

Demos still suck. They will suck until T100 at the very least. We have nice land but we need a lot of pop to show its full potential.

(July 2nd, 2013, 13:22)Gavagai Wrote: Wow, Serdoa has a baller start. Two cities AND Stonegenge well before T50.

Settled on plains hill stone!

Fuck

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0200.JPG]

There's like a 10% chance that the lion won't attack. Good kitty, nice kitty!

The prayer to the RNG worked, and the lion didn't attack. Here we are standing off with the Egyptian:

[Image: ibjSM89lKGW7E7.PNG]

We are one beaker short of priesthood, which lets us grab maximum overflow into Agriculture. This isn't as hot as could be, as TechKnownBonus for Priesthood is 0%, whilst for Agri it's likely 6%, but 20% for 1 prereq is still way better that 6%.

Demos actually aren't as bad as Gav made them out to be, we are 2nd GNP, 6th mfg and 5th crop yield. The GNP would be the most worrisome, but we've pretty much established someone has gold, and if you take out the maniac with 41 GNP and the lagger with 25, rival average is 30.4, some 7 points behind us, so even subtracting our religion culture we are knocking the socks off the opposition in terms of research. On CY we are 1 point above average, on mfg we are 1 point below, but there the leader (hello, Egypt) has 13 to the rival average of 8. Alas, we can't really take Egypt out — an outlier it may be, but an outlier that we have to directly deal with.

EDIT: Oh yes, the elephant in the room. This little peninsula, being a potential bridge to the lands of wonder and plenty, somewhat changes the strategic assessment in our favour. Should we choose to secure it from Egyptian incursion, we need only place an axe on that forested hill and that's pretty much that. I don't think Egypt will even try to settle onto it in the near future. If there is seafood, however, we should consider settling fairly early on.

Quote:We are one beaker short of priesthood, which lets us grab maximum overflow into Agriculture. This isn't as hot as could be, as TechKnownBonus for Priesthood is 0%, whilst for Agri it's likely 6%, but 20% for 1 prereq is still way better that 6%.

This stuff doesn't work any more. The overflow get's recalculated back to base beakers once you finish a technology, and recalculated through the new bonus numbers when you research the next tech (CFC is outdated).
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Thanks for the heads up! The same happens with prod now, of course, so I should have considered they fixed science too. In any case, there wasn't a way to speed up Priesthood without delaying the Warrior for a turn, which consequently delayed the Settler by a turn (I think, I haven't looked at micro closely, but I'm pretty sure Gav would have squeezed Priesthood out otherwise).

Otherwise, just to keep the readers entertained here's a picture:
[Image: iiNDeMniiALKz.jpg]

First is mfg, second is crop yield. I should have put the score on here too, just so we can correctly track population changes, but I got bored.

Here's what they have been working, as far as I can tell:
Unimproved Corn
Unimproved Corn -> Improved Corn
+ Grass Forest
Grass Forest -> Unimproved Cow
Unimproved Cow -> Improved Cow; + Grass Forest Hill
+ Grass Forest
Grass Forest Hill -> Grass Forest
Grass Forest -> Grass Mine
+ Regular City Tile; + Unimproved Wheat
Grass Forest -> Grass Forest Hill; + Grass Forest Hill
Unimproved Wheat -> Improved Wheat
Grass Forest Hill -> Grass Forest
- Grass Forest, - Grass Forest Hill
+ Grass Farm
+ Grass Forest; + Grass Forest

They seem to have only 4 improvements to date.

So, Dusty is still busy cuddling with the wildlife:

[Image: iytTLeaYaAge5.PNG]

At this rate he might be renamed Catnip. Good news is that the Egyptian retreated. On the other flank Outback followed the plan of advancement and found this:

[Image: iZLq4Yep0lB9l.PNG]

Tough call for Egypt, will he go on running on low health, or stay and risk being munched for XP? I don't think it's actually worth it for us to eat scout, just so as not to provoke a fit of REVENGE.

Otherwise, our Londra experts finished training Tripwire (Warrior) up in club-swinging, whilst the three monarch workers are a-working. Egyptian gold, copper and cows remain unhooked and unimproved.

Gav, I can take the turn if you would like me to — my ideas are to retreat Dusty onto the PFH and get some XP from the southern lion and to move Tripwire out to this hill:

[Image: iv8WbxtkT8PLd.PNG]

Londra starts settler and Yark continues Warrior, right?