As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RBP13 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Minor note for everyone playing: when you log in, please glance at the scoreboard at the right side and make sure you don't have any inadvertent contact with anyone. That happened by accident in PB8, and it didn't get noticed immediately IIRC, which was a bit of a hassle. Also, check to make sure your techs are correct. smile

Thanks so much to Brick, sunrise, Krill, and anyone who had a say in the mapmaking process for getting this going!

This is the first time I try to connect to a Pitboss game so is there a some kind of dummy guide how to get the connection work? I'm getting the "can't connect to the host error" and quick googling did not yet solve my problems.

(Game should not be delayed since I'm sure Old Harry can take care of playing until I get this fixed)
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Well the dummy guide is supposed to be the first post. If you need it to be dummier than that then you probably have some sort of firewall blocking you.

(July 23rd, 2013, 02:08)NobleHelium Wrote: Well the dummy guide is supposed to be the first post. If you need it to be dummier than that then you probably have some sort of firewall blocking you.

Yeah, that would be my bet as well, but I have that thing turned off. Blaah, I keep trying.
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Weeell this could be awkward - I'm getting this error flash up for a split-second before I'm kicked to desktop:

I can log into the demo game fine and I have RBmod 2.0.3.4 installed:

(ie dropped in C:\Users\Windows\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\ )

I tried to set the RBmod folder to not be write protected, but now I can't connect to the host at all (for the demo game too) so I guess I've broken it already...

Sorry everyone!

Thanks sunrise.
Is there a final list of settings / rules? Kind of an overview for lurkers and readers who check this out at a later date?

mh
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

(July 23rd, 2013, 02:22)Old Harry Wrote: Weeell this could be awkward - I'm getting this error flash up for a split-second before I'm kicked to desktop:

I can log into the demo game fine and I have RBmod 2.0.3.4 installed:

(ie dropped in C:\Users\Windows\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\ )

I tried to set the RBmod folder to not be write protected, but now I can't connect to the host at all (for the demo game too) so I guess I've broken it already...

Sorry everyone!

As I remember this happened to me in PB8. Shuffling the mod into :

Quote:In regards to pathing, mine is located at C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods for a steam installation. which should be C:\Program Files\FiraxisGames\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods or something very similar for regular non-steam installs.

Worked for me.

My Games folder! You strike again!
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Thanks Slowcheetah I'll try that. I've emailed Sunrise to let him know I crashed the server.

M_H - Brick has them in the first post here:
http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=6198

Thanks very much Sunrise, and of course Krill and Brick!
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13