As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

I get a "failed to join" message.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

No problems for me... must be on your end. Try again shortly?
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Pause for Oxy? Have we had technical issues this turn?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(June 30th, 2014, 17:30)Krill Wrote: Pause for Oxy? Have we had technical issues this turn?

Yeah, I'd say pause... looks like the turn will roll about 45 minutes before the 24 hours is up currently.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Paused for Oxy.
Lord Parkin

Huh, now I'm getting the same "Failed to join game at [IP]" message on both PB18 and PB20. That's very strange... will inform Caledorn.
Lord Parkin

Tried to get in last minute, but it's not connecting

Caledorn and I have been doing some investigative work. Microsoft is the problem.
Lord Parkin

http://87.252.70.182:81 (Portal) and 87.252.70.182:2058 (Game) for now

I have created a secondary free host at caledorn.ddns.net which should start working within a few hours, but the DNS needs to propagate around the globe before it works.

Edit: Even though I don't pay for a static IP at my ISP, I've had this same IP since I got everything sorted out after we moved last autumn, so it should be safe to use it in place of the DNS thing. But if you start using the IP instead of the DNS name, and you have connection issues in the future, then please check if the caledorn.ddns.net or caledorn.no-ip.org (both directs to the same IP, and my router handles updating the IP with no-ip.org whenever I should have an IP change at my ISP) works before complaining here. wink
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

I can connect to the new IP, for what it's worth.