As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Margarita and the Lurkers

MASTER AND MARGARITA

by Mikhail Bulgakov

Chapter 1: Never talk with strangers

At the hour of the hot spring sunset two citizens appeared at the Patriarch's Ponds. One of them, approximately forty years old, dressed in a grey summer suit, was short, dark-haired, plump, bald, and carried his respectable fedora hat in his hand. His neatly shaven face was adorned with black horn-rimmed glasses of a supernatural size. The other, a broad-shouldered young man with a tousled reddish hair, his checkered cap cocked back on his head, was wearing a cowboy shirt, wrinkled white trousers and black sneakers.

The first was none other than Mikhail Alexandrovich Berlioz, editor of a fat literary journal [...] and his young companion was the poet Ivan Nikolayevich Ponyrev, who wrote under the pseudonym of Homeless. [...]

Ah, yes, note must be made of the first oddity of this dreadful May evening. There was not a single person to be seen, not only by the stand, but also along the whole walk parallel to Malaya Bronnaya Street ...
to be continued wink.

Welcome to the Team Master and Margarita Spoilers thread jive.

If you are not Slaze, Maga, Jovan, our new dedlurker or a global lurker, you will have to wait with reading this thread until the game is over frown. Although you can continue reading The Master and Margarita but elsewhere wink.

The Master is - of course wink - Slaze. I do not know him well, so I let somebody who knows Slaze better to introduce him.

Frasco Wrote:Slaze is nice, charitable, handsome and helps old ladies cross streets.

From what I have seen so far, this characterization is spot on biggrin

My RL name is (close enough to wink ) Margarita, hence the team name. Not much civ history, so I have to introduce myself frown. I am a complete MP civ n00b, only subbed in the late stages of one MP game so far. Although I have been playing BTS for a couple of years now on and off, and Civ III before that. But my skill level is still Noble frown. In terms of character - as quoted above - I typically plot evil schemes, but often end up doing good frown. You will see wink.

I was trying to convince Jovan Kukic to take part in this Pitboss game as one of our oppononents, but as you see from him dedlurking us, I failed. Now I am kinda glad I did wink. I did not fully realized at the time how a good player Jovan is shhh. Let us just say that he learnt Polish solely from playing civ on a Polish civ site and his Polish is very good now biggrin.

We still have a couple of didicated lurker positions opened. If you are interested, please send us your civ resume and a brief motivation letter, and if we think you will be a good fit, we will invite you for an on-site interview soon.

Seriously, everybody interested is very welcome to dedlurk us smile. So you can skip the resume part, just report for duty in this thread wink.

This is gonna be very loose, I do not know some of them - and those I know are also not easy to evaluate. I have met most of them in the Pitboss game I was subbing - but some of them were subbing, too, so the state of their civs may not be a good indication of their skill. OK, everybody will hate us after reading this thread anyway twirl, so here it goes without any further disclaimers:

1. Lord Parkin's team

Big gap

2. Yossa Blames Cal + very experienced ded lurkers
3. Yuufo + Bisons (Yuffo has been playing MP ladder civ since 2005 or something like that)
4. Master and Margarita (us)

some gap wink

5. Aivo + Bowsling
6. Classical Hero + Halvgut
7. Dick76 (he will not play alone, so his partner can change his ranking substantially).

I think places 2-4 are pretty close and perhaps should be ranked differently, same goes for 5-6. Any opinions on the ranking?

Here is the catch: Slaze likes random leaders and that is all he plays. But in this game it is supposed to be snake pick. So what do we do? We decided I would just pick for us jive. Moreover, Slaze told me what his favorite leaders and traits are and I promised not to picked them devil, so he would get his thrill of unexpected that normally goes with random biggrin. Sounds crazy, I know, but it was supposed to be double fun, right? And we like challenge - not that there will be lack of it lol - but we decided to do it both for our and lurkers' entertainment.

So that is the explanation why I will be monologuing about leader's and civ choice here - hopefully with some lurkers advice and comments.

Let us use the RB’s usual banned list wink as a starting point (devil)

Leaders:
All Financial
All Expansive except, Pro, Agr
All Creative except, Pro, Agr, Cha
All Spiritual except, Pro, Agr, Cha

I generally agree except for spiritual - I still do not understand what is the appeal huh. I mean, I know the idea is to perfectly micromanage civic choices, but still. Civic switching missions are banned, which makes SPI weaker, and the discount building (temple) is blah, imho. I would put organized in the place of spiritual here.

I understand it all depends on the difficult and the map - although do not understand how frown. Anybody would like to explain?

Various bans are used in different games. I've never seen that ban list before though.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18