As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

new civ 6 pbem while the next pitboss can't start?

Perfectly understandable. XD

Anyway, we're rolling again.

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

Sorry for that delay. Usually I work from home, only going into the offfice on Tuesdays (If I feel like it and it works for my diary), but occasionally I have to travel to other places.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I saw there's some activity in CMF's thread. Just want to check if he actually played or not because the save hasn't come to me.

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

No, I only just got home. Just delayed lurker things to mechanics stuff.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Do you guys mind about play availability updates in the tech thread, or do you think it's presumptuous? Specifically, I'm going out tonight (to see Peter Kay if anyone's interested, waited 2 years for this), so I will not be able to play in the usual evening playslot (but I can play when I get back tonight).

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I'm going to be heading out for some hours today, so I won't be able to play another turn for some time after this one.

(July 27th, 2024, 10:44)Krill Wrote: Do you guys mind about play availability updates in the tech thread, or do you think it's presumptuous? Specifically, I'm going out tonight (to see Peter Kay if anyone's interested, waited 2 years for this), so I will not be able to play in the usual evening playslot (but I can play when I get back tonight).

I only update if I won't be able to play at all within a 24-hour window or more, usually. Otherwise I figure people will trust me to get to it when I can.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Back in a spot where I can play turns when they get to me.

(July 27th, 2024, 11:19)Chevalier Mal Fet Wrote:
(July 27th, 2024, 10:44)Krill Wrote: Do you guys mind about play availability updates in the tech thread, or do you think it's presumptuous? Specifically, I'm going out tonight (to see Peter Kay if anyone's interested, waited 2 years for this), so I will not be able to play in the usual evening playslot (but I can play when I get back tonight).

I only update if I won't be able to play at all within a 24-hour window or more, usually. Otherwise I figure people will trust me to get to it when I can.

I've been mulling over this point and I think there is an area where there is a bit of a disconnect.

I just wrote a long post but it got a bit stuffy. I expect and can promise this: I will post if I'm not going to be available during my usual play window, so Greenline can adjust accordingly, which seems fair to me. I ask TAD if you let me know the turn will not be with me by 1700 (and we haven't already played one turn that day), which is when I expect to usually play the turn (it's the one time of day I can promise my availability).

So. Play times on my end.

6 CET to 24 CET.

The problem is my turn times can be a tad erratic thanks to work or family.

Reliably I can play the turn from 8 CET to 17 CET when I use my work laptop or at home from 19 CET to 23 CET.