As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Serdoa, Ichabod and Ex-Girlfriends - co-starring NH,Bigger and Lewwyn

Plains stone is a 2 hammer plant.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Somewhat late to the party, but...

(May 23rd, 2013, 10:13)Serdoa Wrote: ...it would be nice to go round and have everyone who wants provide a name before we start a new round. That's more fun I think than having me just write down 20 names.

You could name 20 genuine ex-girlfriends by yourself? Shucks...
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

I think somewhere in this thread I explained a little bit about how I personally define "ex-girlfriend". If 'genuine ex-girlfriend' means for you that the relationship lasted for some artificially set time length I very well might not even reach 3 lol

(June 8th, 2013, 05:50)Serdoa Wrote: I think somewhere in this thread I explained a little bit about how I personally define "ex-girlfriend". If 'genuine ex-girlfriend' means for you that the relationship lasted for some artificially set time length I very well might not even reach 3 lol

I guess I mean genuine in the sense that you feel they would refer to you as their ex-boyfriend. That at some point in time, for however long or short, there existed a mutual relationship.

I don't think I could get to 20 even by the loosest possible definition. lol
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Well, can we expand that definition to: they either refer to me as "ex-boyfriend" or as "that asshole"? wink

(June 8th, 2013, 06:28)Serdoa Wrote: Well, can we expand that definition to: they either refer to me as "ex-boyfriend" or as "that asshole"? wink

Sounds like you're a player of more than civ. lol
Lord Parkin

Nah, that were just a few years of my life that were crazy with being out every day and stuff. I'm now together with the same girl since 2001 and married to her since 2005. And happy still, surprisingly. smile

(June 8th, 2013, 06:28)Serdoa Wrote: Well, can we expand that definition to: they either refer to me as "ex-boyfriend" or as "that asshole"? wink

I'll take things I can easily relate to for $300, Alex.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Ok, for those actually interested in the game wink

I decided for the following plan:

Capital produces Worker -> Settler (2-pop whipped) -> Worker -> Settler. First settler settles on the Stone and gets the PH above it improved asap so it can use it to slowbuild SH. SH will be finished with 2 chops at the earliest possible date I was able to achieve (EOT41, one turn after finishing Masonry).

The 2nd settler from the capital will go to the rice spot. Should be finished EOT43. At that point we also have 3 workers available, 2 of which will improve the FP with a farm finally. The other one will ... do something. All cities will be connected via roads (rivers) when they are settled.

The 2nd settler of course can go somewhere else as well, probably without road connection in that case. I toy with the idea of sending him to the 2-fish, copper, pig spot. Fishing could probably be finished till he arrives, there are several forests to be chopped into a workboat and he should be able to borrow the improved PH from the stone-city at that point to get a workboat on the second turn of existence.

And honestly, we need Fishing asap in any case, we have to work some coast to get the other techs quicker, the tech-costs are really hurting. Several nice cities could be settled, but not without SH and not without several more techs (Fishing, Pottery, AH). And when we have those, we want Priesthood as well.

Also, someone discovered Meditation a turn or so ago. I don't mind that much. If they finish SH soonish, we put the hammers into a monument instead. And some failgold will help with tech, so also not that big a deal. But I assume that they are probably rather going for Oracle. We will see, I don't think we will reach PH ourselves before T70+, so it really isn't making any difference in our planning right now, imo.

I guess the copper is north of the stone? You haven't shown it.