As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

new civ 6 pbem while the next pitboss can't start?

This is weird, but I'll post it here for transparency.

I was adding nicknames on the Steam...client? and accidentally clicked on "Watch game" instead of "Manage". Now I didn't see anything whatsover, but WTF, broadcasting is freaky. I've diosabled it in my client, I didn't even know that was a thing in Steam.

As an update:

(August 1st, 2024, 12:22)Krill Wrote:
(August 1st, 2024, 11:59)Whosit Wrote: Yikes. Well, that's a good reason. Hopefully nothing serious actually happened--a little hard for me to tell from the article.
someone trying to jump off one of the bridges onto the motorway.

Called it  rolleye

Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service Wrote:Just before 4pm this afternoon (Thursday 1st August), two fire engines from Whitehill and Offerton fire station, along with the Technical Response Unit from Ashton, were called to reports of a man on top of the viaduct above the M60 in Stockport .

Crews arrived quickly at the scene. The man removed himself from on top of the viaduct and back to safety.

Firefighters were in attendance for around an hour and ten minutes.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/...d-29660186
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Glad the person is OK!

And I have never tried to use the Watch Game feature so I had no idea you could just do that! (though trying to watch a friend's game just to test and so far it hasn't actually loaded anything). Good to know, though.

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

Note that school starts next week, so my turn pace during US working hours will drop precipitately.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

History, right?

As a heads up, for the next couple of Mondays I'm going to be working away from home. I'll still be able to play first thing and then when I get back, but there is always the chance that this more traffic etc causes a delay in the evening turn.

This is still the fastest PBEM I've played in though.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I can't believe you all have lives LOL. But yeah, as much as I'm always itching for the next turn, this has been very fast for a PBEM. smile

(August 2nd, 2024, 09:45)Krill Wrote: History, right?

A bit of everything! This year it's 6th grade study skills, 8th grade US history, 8th grade current events, 7/8th grade Future Cities (a design competition class), 12th grade government, and 12th grade economics. It's a private school so I wear a lot of hats.

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Whosit, we know you have a life as well, otherwise you'd have played the turn already wink

(August 2nd, 2024, 09:48)Chevalier Mal Fet Wrote:
(August 2nd, 2024, 09:45)Krill Wrote: History, right?

A bit of everything! This year it's 6th grade study skills, 8th grade US history, 8th grade current events, 7/8th grade Future Cities (a design competition class), 12th grade government, and 12th grade economics. It's a private school so I wear a lot of hats.

That literally reads like you broke down the skills needed to be a decent civ player into lesson groups.

You're missing an excel class for that.

(August 2nd, 2024, 10:01)greenline Wrote: You're missing an excel class for that.

Joke's on you, part of the economics class is a personal finance unit, including spreadsheets!

(August 2nd, 2024, 09:59)Krill Wrote: Whosit, we know you have a life as well, otherwise you'd have played the turn already wink

Actually, Gmail is having problems today and I have to manually refresh PYDT to see when the save is there.

But yeah, I guess I do also have a life.  lol

CMF, those sound like classes I'd have loved to be able to take back when I was in school! You just gotta.... sneak Civ into the curriculum somehow. mischief