As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

new civ 6 pbem while the next pitboss can't start?

Hey, y'all, just so everyone's on the same page -

We DO count map pins as diplomacy, so avoid pinning messages to other players, or even stuff like cheeky city names. You can get up to all sorts of shenanigans using private pin messages, so the convention is not to use 'em. No harm done, but we wanted to clarify!
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Pin to self is fine, right?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I wasn't even aware that you could set pins for other players.

Yeah, self pins are fine. They can be toggled to be visible to just you, teammates, or everyone, or any individual player you choose. I accidentally broadcast an encampment to everyone in PBEM7 when I pinned the wrong setting.

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Fascinating.

Can you broadcast to players you've not met in game?

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Yep.

See here at the bottom of Sullla's post.

Fantastic. If I put a tac on every single tile to spam players into misclucks...could the other player remove the tac?

I have no idea how autocorrect doesn't tchange miscluck so I'm leaving it. One day civ will have a chicken resource.

All good info to know.

I also agree we should have chickens and turkeys in Civ.

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

I'm also going to be busier than normal this week, so I might not be able to grab the turn in the mornings. Will see.

It looks like I made a mistake one or two turns ago. I had not read the rules super closely since MJW posted them around a month ago and I thought that the rules regarding city state pillaging were to prevent repeatedly pillaging tiles the CS would repair, rather than a blanket ban on all non farm pillaging. So I ended up pillaging a mine by mistake. What do we want to do going forward here? Reloading seems annoying because I did not document every move I made the past two turns precisely and I imagine several players did not either. I am also unfamiliar with how PYDT handles turn reloading. I could try wasting the gold from the mine pillage by buying and deleting a scout, but I am not sure the gold value I got from pillaging lines up perfectly with that.