As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

new civ 6 pbem while the next pitboss can't start?

A heads up for tomorrow, I'm getting a 0605 train so whilst I'll try to play the turn before I leave I can't promise it. I should be back by 1800-ish though so I can pick up a turn then as well.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Sorry, 5 minutes earlier yesterday evening and I might have caught it.smile

By the way, a couple rules questions:

While there is clearly no direct diplomacy allowed, what about sending cryptic messages via trade offers? That seems to be the norm in the Civ 4 games I've been looking at, but diplo rules weren't discussed in this game before it started.

What's the ruling on pillaging City State improvements? Is it still disallowed, and the gold that greenline got is an exception? Or are we allowing pillaging as long as it isn't exploitative? Like, pillage, wait for CS to repair, pillage again, rinse and repeat.

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

Pillaging is good if it is intended as part of conquest. No pillaging and waiting for repairs to pillage again.

For the purposes of this game I agree with greenline. Usually intent is a risky way to write a rule but there are only 5 starting CS in the game and it's a reported game so best way to deal with it.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Agreed.

Sounds good to me.

Putting players on notice, there may be a bug, but I need to play another two rounds for know for sure if it exists. I'll put more information in my thread but if it exists I may need some lurker advice.

Edit: Confirmation of the order of processing beakers/culture/food/production/faith etc would be helpful.

Agreed with everyone else. Pillaging as part of the normal course of conquest is fine. Farming the dumb AI by waiting for repairs and then re-pillaging is not.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

(August 17th, 2024, 12:35)Krill Wrote: Putting players on notice, there may be a bug, but I need to play another two rounds for know for sure if it exists. I'll put more information in my thread but if it exists I may need some lurker advice.

Edit: Confirmation of the order of processing beakers/culture/food/production/faith etc would be helpful.

Unfortunately, that's one aspect of Civ 6 that I am also unsure about. The closest thing is that I'm pretty sure that city production is processed before Governors, meaning a governor will finish establishing AFTER a city does its production. I think.

Reading between the lines, I wonder if this is a question about whether city growth is processed before new yields are applied? I'm pretty sure growth happens last in order.

Hopefully you aren't dealing with an actual bug, but I've definitely been surprised by some of Civ 6's mechanical nuances, so I understand. I wish they hadn't made this stuff so opaque. shakehead

Hopefully the lurkers can help out.