As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] By the Rivers of Babylon, FIN has no effect (on krovice)

Sounds like a plan.

FWIW exam is finished and I'm free for sim work the same rest of the weekend. Except tomorrow. And I'm going to be drunk from 5 minutes ago until Wednesday.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(May 23rd, 2014, 06:52)Krill Wrote: Sounds like a plan.

FWIW exam is finished and I'm free for sim work the same rest of the weekend. Except tomorrow. And I'm going to be drunk from 5 minutes ago until Wednesday.

lol thats when you play your best civ!

Have fun, Krill.

(May 21st, 2014, 18:27)Krill Wrote: tl;dr: I like the plan with following amendments:
  • Don't road FM city tile, send worker to farm wheat then chop a forest into a worker
  • 1 pig worker runs to deer to camp at FM
  • 1 pig worker walks to rice to farm

The first point here is a good idea. As for the other two, I think we ought to road between the two new cities before improving deer and rice, but once that's done they can improve one resource each.
I have to run.

I think the road between the cities is absolutely fine.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Turn 55

Busy screenshot, but it shows what there is to report this turn.

Mankins, dtay's fourth city, is actually 1SW of the sheep. That's good news in my book. Also he settled his fifth city this turn and it wasn't in our face as far as I can tell. He got a 2 point score increase from the new pop point, that allows us to pinpoint his total population at 13. We can also see his scout making his way east in the bottom right corner of the screenshot, it seems he's cleared a barb for us on his way, and if he keeps heading east he'll spawnbust barbs for us, so that's good.

As for Whosit, he moved his archer up to get visibility on Tow the Line. I should have predicted this and positioned our bowman in the city just to let him know we have them. But I kind of wanted to move the bowman to the hill nw of its current location next turn at the latest. I haven't moved the bowman this turn but I was thinking of staying put. If Whosit advances we can road the tile the bowman is on to make it into the city. If Whosit retreats we can occupy the hill and do the original, slightly more efficient roading plan. (It doesn't matter too much though since we're not roading the city square anyway.)

Also notice that the archer has blue fog. Ah, Whosit didn't build a monument of course, he built an aggressive RB mod barracks that also gives +1 culture. Could Whosit be devious enough that that archer has 5 xp and is ready to snatch our workers? I don't think that's even theoretically possible. At any rate, the forest east of Overland Park is gone this turn so Whosit may have more units on the way. We'll have to play this by ear.

Krill, what's your recommendation for our Bowman this turn?
I have to run.

Maybe we should move the warrior in TtL to where the bowman is, and then move the bowman onto the cow? Then next turn, the bowman can guard the city, and the warrior can move north instead.
I have to run.

Or maybe we move the bowman onto the cow, leave the warrior in TtL, and next turn we can either just double-road NE of cows or move our northern warrior SE to make sure the hill is safe to move on to for a worker. That's maybe safest for TtL, but hampers our fogbusting abilities around the dtay front city.

EDIT: I'm going to bed, so I moved the bowman to the cows and ended turn. Whosit may decide to occupy the hill 2NE of his archer's current location, but we can work around that. Hopefully.

EDIT 2: I forgot to mention the world news - someone founded Judaism.
I have to run.

That sounds like a plan to me.

I wonder if Whosit has the balls to declare war. And if we are not roading hte city tile, we could road the tiles 88 and 887 of TtL. I do think that will cause difficulties with the pig road though, if Whosit moves his archer forward.

He knows our borders will pop so he can't sit on the hill for ever. Does he think he needs the unit to defend with? Maybe CH will be doing us a favour on the other flank...

Thoughts: depending on the amount of archers Whosit throws at us, there may be a problem defending the northern city site. We do need the warrior in DS for happiness, so that is stuck there. That leaves us 2 warriors and that single bowmen, plus what we can get out of TtL. We can get 1 bowmen T59, one T60 with that slave. We need the workers to make the roads to get the pig roaded in time to get the dtay front city settled ASAP. If we were willing to delay the settler 1 turn in DS, we could overflow out more hammers...almost enough for another warrior to defend DS, using the current warrior to cover the new city. I think that solves most of the happiness concerns.

(ie whip T59, not T58, wb T60 so 1 turn slower, warrior T61. Move warrior out of city T59, move 11, 17 onto jungle hill T 60...)

If Whosit throws more units at us than that, we may need to consider chopping the forest 9 of TtL. That's 1 bowmen ahead of schedule, the second still waits on the slave and the third is T60ish? The option to retreat is still there, where we retreat 1 warrior to fog bust where dtays scout was, use both workers to road the tile 7 of copper and copper, and have copper mined on T63 (using the settler from the northern Whosit front city, Feeble Position (see novice, I got it right this time!) The warrior needs to be 3336 of TtL to fogbust perfectly, so need to move the warrior soon to work, or use it to cover workers instead of fog busting.

Personally, I think we wait and see what Whosit does. He might back off with his archer after getting vision on the city. He might move 9 and try to interdict the northern plant. He can't have 5XP without killing barbs and we haven't seen any for him to kill since he finished the barracks so I don't fear G2 archers right now.