As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

new civ 6 pbem while the next pitboss can't start?

What's the minimum player count you're looking for? If it was unclear, I'm officially interested.

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

Four seems like the bare minimum for balance purposes. Five or six would be even better, but seems unrealistic at the current stage.

Although we could possibly do a 3 player game now as a warmup while waiting for Chevalier's games to finish, maybe one that explores some of the frontier pass civs...

People at civforum asking if you would be willing to use BBG.

My preference is not to use BBG, at least going by the changelog (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2867892450). Are they only willing to play if we use that mod? Krill and Whosit, also want to hear you weigh on this. If the mod is what we need to play a game I can change my mind

Ultimately I cannot judge the value or effectiveness of a balance mod in civ 6 because I simply don't understand the game. My main concern is that civ 6 doesn't really like mods, but that at least has siognificant play time.

I should be clear that I'm looking to start two games, either both civ 4, or one civ 6 and one civ 4 game.

I'd still play a civ 6 PBEM. One question: What are the civ 6 PBEMers like with regards to PYFT rating?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

If you guys use BBG he patched the OP Civs and stuff that gives you too much. Australia getting nerfed also makes Tactical DoW okay. Also land units providing naval support has been removed. This makes the following list:

-Pillaging City-State tiles except for farms and fishing boats.
-Resource hiding ban. Got nerfed with the 'obsolete at +2' rule but it still feels OP and annoying.
-City-gifting must be approved by the wise council of lurkers.
-Not accepting/rejecting DoF at once.
-DoF blockades OKAY

I'm not familiar with the mod, but if that's what it takes to play I'll give it a shot.

I still don't think I really understand the resource hiding, or what "tactical dow" refers to exactly. I haven't been in the Civ 6 MP scene at all, just single player.

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

Tactical dow refers to Australia's vanilla ability in Civ 6, where it gets doubled production for ten turns upon receiving a declaration of war. There was one game I think where this was abused by a player far away from Australia declaring war and signing peace over and over, although in most cases people have been kind enough not to abuse it.

I suppose we should go ahead with a BBG game if that is what the civforum players insist on using. My preference is no mod, but to use the mod if that is what it takes to get a game going.

(May 12th, 2024, 12:55)Whosit Wrote: I'm not familiar with the mod, but if that's what it takes to play I'll give it a shot.

I still don't think I really understand the resource hiding, or what "tactical dow" refers to exactly. I haven't been in the Civ 6 MP scene at all, just single player.

Resource hiding. Upgrading>Building units. You can make this artificially happen by hiding away resources to lock yourself out.

There are other civs that can use tactical DoW but those abilities are for attacking. This would cause people not to tactical DoW because you don't want attacks to be successful (unless it is your teamate but the game blocks you from DoWing your teamate). Those civs could tactical DoW themselves but people wouldn't sign peace with them. So, you wouldn't seen cycling like Australia.