As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Gaspar and NobleHelium - More Arguments About Buildings & Food.

NobleHelium Wrote:me: you know
if we were ORG
we'd save 36gpt right now
(i'm assuming the -50% civic upkeep is just halving the value you see in f2)
it's not dividing it by 1.5 is it?
Gaspar: uh
no recollection whatsoever smile
me: 36gpt sounds pretty obscene
if we were FIN
i think we'd get like 48c extra or so
75% of fin and not counting free buildings??
er cheap buildings

I keep saying that ORG gets a bad rap around here, so thanks for more evidence tongue

Not that we should all go back to picking Darius of HRE like we all wanted to when we were new, but ORG is very solid.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

pindicator Wrote:I keep saying that ORG gets a bad rap around here, so thanks for more evidence tongue

Not that we should all go back to picking Darius of HRE like we all wanted to when we were new, but ORG is very solid.

Yeah, but what has FIN done by this point in the game...
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

FIN's still better because it can kick in around T30 or so. ORG is sloooww.

Krill Wrote:Yeah, but what has FIN done by this point in the game...

I didn't mean to insinuate ORG is better than FIN lol
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

NobleHelium Wrote:me: you know
if we were ORG
we'd save 36gpt right now
(i'm assuming the -50% civic upkeep is just halving the value you see in f2)

In fact it's a bit better - it halves the cost of each civic individually and rounds down before summing. So the first $5 of civic costs (1 in each column) ends up being free. On average it seems like this rounding will save you 2gpt, compared to if it was rounded after summing.

Did you multiply by your current inflation rate?

/continuing the threadjack

Yes the 36 gpt is including the savings from inflation (but not including Seven's adjustment). ORG is not necessarily super slow either, because lighthouses might be desired early, and courthouses to a lesser extent.

On very high difficulty levels, like Immortal/Deity, and even emperor with toridal wrap, Org can out preform Fin. It is slower, however, even including the half price courthouses (which is often more imporant than the civic cut) and lighthouses. For noble/prince/monarch/most emperor games/a fair number of immortal games/some diety games, I'd prefer financial. In a sushi or other corp game, organized becomes even better. Many people over at CivFanatics rate organized as even better than I do, but I like financial more about 95% of the time (I usually play emperor/immortal)

Its interesting that organized is boosted in the RB mod unlike most top-tier traits-I think it becomes the one right choice at immortal/emperor there. You can tell rb mod was made for noble/prince/monarch multiplayer
Merovech's Mapmaking Guidelines:
0. Player Requests: The player's requests take precedence, even if they contradict the following guidelines.

1. Balance: The map must be balanced, both in regards to land quality and availability and in regards to special civilization features. A map may be wonderfully unique and surprising, but, if it is unbalanced, the game will suffer and the player's enjoyment will not be as high as it could be.

2. Identity and Enjoyment: The map should be interesting to play at all levels, from city placement and management to the border-created interactions between civilizations, and should include varied terrain. Flavor should enhance the inherent pleasure resulting from the underlying tile arrangements. The map should not be exceedingly lush, but it is better to err on the lush side than on the poor side when placing terrain.

3. Feel (Avoiding Gimmicks): The map should not be overwhelmed or dominated by the mapmaker's flavor. Embellishment of the map through the use of special improvements, barbarian units, and abnormal terrain can enhance the identity and enjoyment of the map, but should take a backseat to the more normal aspects of the map. The game should usually not revolve around the flavor, but merely be accented by it.

4. Realism: Where possible, the terrain of the map should be realistic. Jungles on desert tiles, or even next to desert tiles, should therefore have a very specific reason for existing. Rivers should run downhill or across level ground into bodies of water. Irrigated terrain should have a higher grassland to plains ratio than dry terrain. Mountain chains should cast rain shadows. Islands, mountains, and peninsulas should follow logical plate tectonics.

No, it's mostly that RB mod was made before we knew how good ORG is. Realms Beyond is good because we learn new things.

So uh...

where to begin...

End turn?

Yeah, we're in one of those weird spots where we're waiting for some stuff to happen (GP born for GA, UoS to complete, Commodore to DoW and kill us) and in the meantime we're just completing some improvements at the newer cities and knocking out some forges. You know, no big.

[Image: t97a.jpg]

GSci born, probably Dave. No big. Probably aiming to bulb to Lib. Better him than Ichabod or Commodore. Our Base 8 C&D indicates to us that someone has Nationalism this turn, still nobody with Guilds. Take it with a grain of salt.

Since we haven't shown the Mexican Standoff in a little while, here's what Commodore has in Kiki.

[Image: t97b.jpg]

Less importantly, we should be taking that coast tile south of the gems from him presently.

And that's really it. Next turn we get Philo. Turn after we pop a GP, fire the GA, finish UoS. Then we have a decision point for where we go next. This turn, zzzz.

[Image: t97c.jpg]
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?