As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Serdoa, Ichabod and Ex-Girlfriends - co-starring NH,Bigger and Lewwyn

Yeah, sorry, I meant Forbidden Palace. fp = flood plain, FP = Forbidden Palace.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(July 27th, 2013, 08:18)NobleHelium Wrote: Use Avoid Growth in Ana Paula and grow one turn later, it's better than the extra cottage turn.

This is a detail I should learn. Is the trick then that the granary food fills up while the city goes over max when avoiding growth?

Also I don't use avoid growth much. When you go over the growth point, does all the extra food get stored and applied immediately after you turn it off? Can you grow more than one size at once this way? Is there a limit?

Quote:When you go over the growth point, does all the extra food get stored and applied immediately after you turn it off? Can you grow more than one size at once this way? Is there a limit?

You lose all food over the growth point. The advantage when building a granary is that it delays growth until granary storage kicks in. If you micro food to match the growth point, you get a turn's worth of food production in exchange for a turn of labour.

Imagining the ways to exploit an avoid growth feature that allowed you to store food is an interesting exercise.

edit: deleted because it was wrong

The granary stores food on the turn that it's whipped?

No, because food happens before production, so the Granary is actually not in place yet when the food for the turn it was whipped to completion is processed.

edit: and I deleted the example I tried to make above because it was completely wrong. On that account, NH, I'm not sure avoiding growth is better here. We will be at 16/22 after the whip, can produce only 5 food-surplus so next turn we get to 21/22. If we avoid growth in the next turn we lose 4 food (22/22 instead of 26/22) but gain 4 food more in the granary (10 instead of 6). Due to losing a turn of growth though, we will be at 27/22 with 10 food in the granary (or 15/24) if we avoid growth instead of 16/24.

I'll probably did something somewhere wrong, but I don't see what.

Yeah you're right, don't Avoid Growth if that is the case. I thought the situation was different, and keep in mind that when I made that post earlier I had just gotten off an overnight flight from LA and didn't get enough sleep. lol

Post a city screen?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

It's fine really, 10f in the granary is only two shy of the 12f maximum. I don't really agree with the farm built south of the city though. wink