As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Serdoa, Ichabod and Ex-Girlfriends - co-starring NH,Bigger and Lewwyn

Misread the Civstats log, cheetah's GA ended last turn so he's whipping this turn, so that makes sense. I thought it might have been universities since there are six whips, but then I remembered that I checked whether anyone had Education before we finished it and nobody did. It might have been the turn before last rather than last turn that I checked it, but I'm pretty confident that they aren't university whips either way.

Where you been Noble? Somewhere for business?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I'm currently in China, in the city of my birth.

I logged in to confirm that you need more than six universities for Oxford this game (you need seven) and saw that we got a crab for deer offer from Jowy, finally. lol I think BaII might have been giving deer to him before for crab or something like that, but the trade isn't present anymore. Jowy does have more crabs available than I remember (three before I accepted).

(October 18th, 2013, 10:33)NobleHelium Wrote: I'm currently in China, in the city of my birth.

Cool, hope you have had a great time smile
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Eh, it's been okay. But the break is good for sure.

If you are not already asleep I'm available in chat and will play the turn now.

Lucky on one hand, very unlucky on the other...

Knight vs Spear @31% - WON -> took TS-GG
Chariot vs Axe @75% - LOST
Knight vs Axe @99.9% - WON
Knight vs Spear @31% - LOST
Knight vs Spear @33% - LOST
Knight vs Axe @68% - WON
Knight vs Axe @71% - WON
Knight vs Axe @77% - WON
Knight vs Spear @88% - LOST
Chariot vs Spear @14% - LOST
Chariot vs Spear @67% - LOST
Chariot vs Spear @91% - WON

So we won a battle that we only should win 1 out of 3 times and lost one that we should win 2 out of 3 times. Equals out. What really stings it the loss at 88% with the Knight though. Not only because we lost 3 Knights already but the exchanges just between military units has us at 35 hammers lost more than he did. Given we got particularly unlucky this turn, even though we won the 31% battle. If we had lost that we could still have most likely taken the city with the C1,S1 Knight though and if that had meant that we win the 88% battle instead it would have been ok with me, as that would most likely have allowed us to take the city.

Anyhow, the odds are pretty shitty against fortified spears. 31% and he didn't even have walls. With them we would probably look at 20%. Oh well, nothing to do but press on. I assume he will have another spear in FS-GG next turn. We will have 2 undamaged Knights to attack him + 4 damaged ones with promotions available so I assume we will take the city. I think we will afterwards gather our 21 Knights, and move them on.

Also I whipped a few cities to get the Knights in queue done. I wanted to slow-produce them, but I feel we need them after all. We probably also have to take Construction after Lib, and get some Catapults before we press too far in. I'd like to take the next city that we face in the south, but thats probably the extend of what we can do tbh. Should have remembered from PB8 how strong Spears are if they sit in hill-cities. And BaII certainly made sure to place his cities on hills unfortunately.

Yeah I checked the Civstats log and was very disappointed to see that we only took one city. I'll take a look now though.