As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 Organizing Thread (RB Mod 34 Civs)

I'm still waiting for an explanation of how all the logistical issues can be resolved, but sure, consider me a signup, or at least a willing dedlurker smile

(February 12th, 2014, 16:33)zakalwe Wrote: I'm thinking login delays and firewall bouncing could be a real technical obstacle here?

There could be problems related to the big map size, too.

Realised this is with a mod. I remove my interest. I will lurk but hope to enjoy the game still.

@Zak, I thought of that earlier but forgot to post about it. Does anyone interested in playing in this game run Civ on a 32 bit version of Windows XP? I mean, at this point most people have probably sorted out problems playing big maps but I remember having trouble finishing SP games on huge maps (mostly GEM size) back in the day. I had to change some setting to allow the game to use more RAM but it may have been the case that it was capped at using 2 GB of memory anyway. Even then it still crashed frequently in the end game.

Unrelated, if you're still using a Windows XP computer to connect to the Internet, you may consider not doing that after April 8th.

Anyway, the large map issue is what it is. I don't think we'll need truly gigantic map proportions even with a lot of players. Having slightly less space than we'd normally allocate per civ is probably fine.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Xenu, if we play with a mod you have to remote in to my desktop and set up a one click civ-opening that loads the mod for me without me having to think about it.

(February 12th, 2014, 17:03)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Xenu, if we play with a mod you have to remote in to my desktop and set up a one click civ-opening that loads the mod for me without me having to think about it.

Sure, I'll get you a quote for my hourly rate first.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Mod Chooser. Seriously, everyone should use this.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Consider it an early (or late?) Birthday present?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(February 12th, 2014, 17:22)Krill Wrote: Consider it an early (or late?) Birthday present?

Once you go down the road of doing free work for family there's no going back. They'll abuse you until you make them stop or you move away (that's how I more or less got rid of the bulk of my family IT work). lol

Sign-up, as long as no-one is under illusion that any issue in the game, apart from how to end it, can be settled via a reasonable discussion. Admin iron fist rule FTW.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

Sorry, too busy to play frown

Xenu, strike me from the list