As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Rebalancing Civ4: RtR Mod

I like that idea.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

I like that too. If Krill says so, I'll see about hacking the DLL to change circumnavigation from movement to sight.

I think it's better than the current implementation. Only reason to not use it is if there is another, better idea.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

So privateers will see across the Atlantic?

For 1 person, better than the extra movement.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Plus one more for sight. That's still a strong benefit, but not as brokenly unfair.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(February 22nd, 2014, 12:21)Krill Wrote: I think it's better than the current implementation. Only reason to not use it is if there is another, better idea.

Remove it completely or make it a setting specifiable by the mapmaker. The real problem with circumnavigation is it makes certain map layouts a bit silly since they allow you to get a bonus by exploring with warriors/scouts.

I agree the sight is better than +1 move but I still only see it as a detrimental effect unless it's tied to actually needing naval effort.

(February 22nd, 2014, 15:15)SevenSpirits Wrote: Remove it completely or make it a setting specifiable by the mapmaker.

It is possible to add a "Circumnavigation" option like "Always War" or "One City Challenge".

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

I'm sure that's possible with enough hacking, but not sure I want to spend that much time on something I'll never play. If there's a strong consensus though I might give it a shot.