As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Rebalancing Civ4: RtR Mod

(February 25th, 2014, 12:56)Krill Wrote: really it's possible to build Cuirs and Cav without ever having the ability to build knights

lol #mypb13
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

I started a test SP game in the the current release, no idea what's causing this bug in the F9 numbers. Here's the last three turns of F9 (first time I checked the screen, so I don't know if it was present from T0 or not). Rival worst GNP looks like any number of nations circa fall 2008. lol

I'm in anarchy in this one, that looks right.

Strange.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

It's all part of Krill's master plan to kill the demos.

After PBEM4, that's one of the last things on my to do list, after dying and listening to Miley Cyrus.

Can you email me the save Xenu? I think you know it?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I'm sure it's number-of-players related. It looks like some part of the program knows about more players than another part.

I don't know how that would have happened. There's no separate setting for player count for Python AFAIK, all the Python UI screens just call GC.getMAX_CIV_PLAYERS() which gets it from the C++ #define that I changed.

A quick test of 5 turns in a 24-player SP game didn't reproduce it. That yellow screen makes me suspicious that you have some other mod like BUG going or some leftovers from it in CustomAssets.

Anyway, I got to trying out circumnavigation. Moving the availability threshold to a global define was easy, though I didn't rigorously test whether it precisely works, but should be too simple to fail.

But changing the result to sight only sort of works. Problem is that it's not cumulative with the extra sight from Optics.

(February 24th, 2014, 07:37)flugauto Wrote: I thik you have to change CvPlot::seeFromLevel too.
I see what you mean here. Need to add CvTeam::getExtraWaterSeeFromCount() for the number of extra sight levels not just the boolean CvTeam::isExtraWaterSeeFrom(). But that still didn't do the trick, both owned plots and units still saw only 2 squares with either or both of Optics and circumnavigation.

But I don't see anywhere else in the code that calls CvTeam::isExtraWaterSeeFrom() to fix the same way. I don't know much about how unit sight works in the code. Any more suggestions?

(February 25th, 2014, 19:43)T-hawk Wrote: A quick test of 5 turns in a 24-player SP game didn't reproduce it. That yellow screen makes me suspicious that you have some other mod like BUG going or some leftovers from it in CustomAssets.

The different display color is from Blue Marble. I restarted a game on the same scenario map (the T0 WB save file), only difference was that it was on normal speed instead of quick this time. Played for a while, checking F9 every turn, didn't see anything. Then I kind of forgot about checking F9 for the testing and worrying more about getting my wonders chopped out. lol Checked F9 later on, had the same negative number in rival GNP. I wonder if it happened after other civs started settling cities? Anyway, both tests were with the same map, so same number of civs (maximum). Or I could have something screwy with my game -- although I did try to clear the cache when I loaded the game before the last play through, holding shift when you launch the game does that right? Seem to recall that from somewhere, could be wrong. Anyway, I'll roll out another 34 player game and see what happens.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Huh. You're using a WBsave generated by the 34-civ mod, right?

FYI, looking at the numbers, the worst/average are consistent with exactly one player having a giant negative number, and everyone else having normal numbers, in a 34-civ game.

Edit: I guess you should just look in the cities of the other civs and see if the issue is apparent in-game or if it's just in the demo screen.