As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Rebalancing Civ4: RtR Mod

Flugauto gave me another code suggestion via PM in CvPlot::updateSight. It may work.

But I'm going to be out of pocket through the weekend because of a death in the family. Can't get to more coding until sometime next week, so if the pitboss becomes ready to start, go with it and don't wait on me.

(February 26th, 2014, 12:59)T-hawk Wrote: Flugauto gave me another code suggestion via PM in CvPlot::updateSight. It may work.

But I'm going to be out of pocket through the weekend because of a death in the family. Can't get to more coding until sometime next week, so if the pitboss becomes ready to start, go with it and don't wait on me.

Sorry to hear frown My condolences.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

OK, I think I know what causes the GNP to go broken: it occurs when there is a wonder built by an AI.

Why this happens though, I have no idea.

Also, Korea needs Mysticism changing to a food tech (it was the only civ other than India that started without a food tech) so I gave it Agri/Mining (just because it's the least represented tech pair that has at least 1 food tech in it).

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

The Sentry promotion adds another +1 to sight radius. I'm not familiar with the code, but would it be possible to use the same mechanic that the Sentry promotion does to add +1 sight with Circumnavigation?
fnord

(February 26th, 2014, 17:38)Krill Wrote: OK, I think I know what causes the GNP to go broken: it occurs when there is a wonder built by an AI.

Why this happens though, I have no idea.

I'm leaving work now but I can test this tonight if you haven't already confirmed it. I ran a brief test before work this morning and got as far as forcing a rival civ to settle a second city, and that hadn't screwed up the GNP numbers yet. Didn't have time to go further. Can look later on to see if I can verify your finding/suspicion.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I played a game through, second cities didn't cause it, but the GNP figures went haywire the moment someone built hte Oracle. I then went back and built it myself (using 20 world builder'ed in workers and the tech) and the GNP figures were fine when I built it.

Is it the wonder or the kick to the culture? What happens if an AI settles a Great Artist ... or founds a religion?

This is the python code that gets the economy info ...

Code:
        # Loop through all players to determine Rank and relative Strength
        for iPlayerLoop in range(gc.getMAX_PLAYERS()):

if (gc.getPlayer(iPlayerLoop).isAlive() and not gc.getPlayer(iPlayerLoop).isBarbarian()):

iNumActivePlayers += 1

pCurrPlayer = gc.getPlayer(iPlayerLoop)

iValue = pCurrPlayer.calculateTotalCommerce()
                if iPlayerLoop == self.iActivePlayer:
                    iEconomy = iValue
                else:
                    iEconomyGameAverage += iValue
                aiGroupEconomy.append((iValue, iPlayerLoop))

Once it has the dictionary 'aiGroupEconomy', it then runs that through a few functions (getRank, getBest, getWorst) for those elements. So ... I don't think this is python related.

pCurrPlayer.calculateTotalCommerce()???
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Or is it specifically oracle?

Korea gets Agri/Mining now? lol

How do you know its an ai player that causes it and not just 'another player?' Have you tested it in multiplayer?
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.