As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Rebalancing Civ4: RtR Mod

(February 26th, 2014, 20:04)Ruff_Hi Wrote: Is it the wonder or the kick to the culture? What happens if an AI settles a Great Artist ... or founds a religion?

Further testing shows an AI settling a great artist didn't cause the problem. I helped an AI neighbor to an early Oracle build, nothing happened there either.

Turn before completion:

Turn of completion:

@Bigger, I don't know if MP makes a difference as compared to against AI, I haven't tested that. Playing a game against yourself for testing is a cumbersome undertaking. If someone with the current version of the mod wants to run through some turns in a test game tonight I can set up a pitboss session to host it.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Could it be a combination of getting the oracle and getting a religion from it?

I couldn't quite figure out the exact combination of factors that led to the huge negative GNP number in the game I played through, but I've reproduced it another way. The broken piece here is the Zulu ikhanda. The reason I had trouble identifying it when playing through a game normally is that the AI doesn't always build barracks. lol

Details behind the spoiler, or skip it for the fix linked below.

Anyway, here we go. That's a lot of free espionage points for a 60 hammer building!

Demographics prior to building one look pretty normal:

Drop one into my city and...yeah.

Let's put one in another AI city and see if that gives us the weird negative GNP number.

Nope, positive number still. Does it matter if the AI builds it on its own, as opposed to me adding it through the world builder? Nope!

Oops, that's from the turn before it finished. Anyway, Shaka got the same big positive GNP number I had, from all the free EPs the ikhanda was providing. So to make it a negative, I threw a modifier at it (jail):

So something like that probably happened in my game, although I can't pin down exactly what it was. I was inside the first 50 turns of my game when it first appeared so obviously no one had built jails yet. A courthouse didn't change much, just added 2 EPs. I don't know what that number represents, 422307148, is that near some binary boundary, or a maximum value of an INT or something? Anyway, I don't know how the AI got the negative number so early in the game. Maybe it built a few ikhandas or something.

Back on task trying to find the culprit, I compared the CIV4BuildingInfos.xml entries for barracks and ikhandas. One difference is in the value fore <iAsset> (set to 2 for barracks, 3 for ikhanda), but I don't know what that does and it surely isn't the problem. I think it's more likely that the problem is here:

So let's edit and test.

That looks better. Only thing left to see is if culture doubles after 1,000 years.

Mission accomplished. Basically, a copy/paste error or two.

So the correction is in the updated XML file linked here. It goes here: \Mods\RB Mod 2.0.3.9\Assets\XML\Buildings\CIV4BuildingInfos.xml

Yeah, the flavor thing tells the AI that ikhandas are 40% an economic building most likely.

Were you playing on higher than noble dif? Idk if that gives the AI a % boost or a flat boost to stats, but that could've sent it up higher?

It was on monarch.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(February 27th, 2014, 01:23)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: The broken piece here is the Zulu ikhanda.

Nice bit of game and code snooping. Good job.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Good catch. Thanks for figuring out my screw up Xenu smile
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(February 26th, 2014, 20:13)NobleHelium Wrote: Korea gets Agri/Mining now? lol

China was only other civ that got Agri/Mining, Korea had Mining/Myst, and was at a fairly large disadvantage to every other civ (fuck it, if Byz, with nerfed Phracts, is considered too weak with Wheel/Myst then Korea with mediocre to niche UB and UU is in the same boat). Could change it to Fishing/Mining, or Hunting/Mining, but there are multiple version of those around. Agri/Mining isn't the uber combo here either, Hunting/Mining is pretty much just as good.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(February 27th, 2014, 07:04)Krill Wrote: Good catch. Thanks for figuring out my screw up Xenu smile

I enjoy the mod, thanks for designing and putting it together.