As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 Organizing Thread (RB Mod 34 Civs)

One more time...

The enforced 10-turn peace treaty happens in only one case. Alice proposes a deal in which Bob gives something, for nothing in return from Alice.

This is a demand, which differentiates it from any other deal. Only a demand causes the peace treaty, to protect the bullied from the bully, so the demander can't rip off the victim by declaring war anyway.

It's the same in both SP and MP. Nothing else causes this. No deal with at least one item on each side causes this. What the items are never matters (tech, money, map, city, resource.) A deal in which only the proposer gives something is a gift, not a demand. If the recipient changes something in a demand and re-proposes it, it is no longer a demand because it is a new proposal. (This last can't be done against the AI, the screen forces you to accept or reject it as-is.)

No, it's not. Demands do not give peace treaties in MP. Only peace treaties signed after war give enforced peace.

Keeping up with all the posts in this thread is a bit tough, but yes, I'm still happy to fill the role of the global lurker civ in whatever capacity the players want. Please let me know if that also entails being the game moderator / administrator / dictator, I'll take or not take that role as the players desire.
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord

Yeah, Noble is right, demands don't enforce a peace treaty in MP.

(March 2nd, 2014, 23:33)T-hawk Wrote: Yeah, Noble is right

I've learned to just assume that.

I agree with Events, and as little city trading/interpretative diplo as is allowed. I think its a grey enough area that I'd rather cut it out then leave it in.

I would like to know more about the map before deciding to reroll or not. What difficulty and map size are we going to have? How lush will it be? Approximately how much land will there be? What is the rough percentage of water on the map? Are we going to be split into continent groups or simply scattered across the map? Will strategics be balanced or left to the RNG? What's happening with stone/marble?
I don't need all of this answered, but I would like enough so I know to evaluate traits and civs with reasonable accuracy to make an informed decision, as currently I don't even have a vague image as to what the map will be like.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(March 2nd, 2014, 23:34)Cyneheard Wrote:
(March 2nd, 2014, 23:33)T-hawk Wrote: Yeah, Noble is right

I've learned to just assume that.

I normally assume T-hawk is right. wink

(March 2nd, 2014, 23:39)Qgqqqqq Wrote: I agree with Events, and as little city trading/interpretative diplo as is allowed. I think its a grey enough area that I'd rather cut it out then leave it in.

I would like to know more about the map before deciding to reroll or not. What difficulty and map size are we going to have? How lush will it be? Approximately how much land will there be? What is the rough percentage of water on the map? Are we going to be split into continent groups or simply scattered across the map? Will strategics be balanced or left to the RNG? What's happening with stone/marble?
I don't need all of this answered, but I would like enough so I know to evaluate traits and civs with reasonable accuracy to make an informed decision, as currently I don't even have a vague image as to what the map will be like.

I kind of prefer to not know all this. Ok, difficulty and size I can see, but the rest should require exploration to discover.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I presume Commodore has revealed everything he really want to reveal concerning the map here.

(March 2nd, 2014, 19:52)Commodore Wrote: Map is about 3 man-hours in, probably needs another 6-7 man hours at least. I'm running it with Merovech and Ceiliazul as my checkers, this sucker is world-size. twirl I guess to say about world size/water level, I'm trying to keep Imp and Org roughly even at Monarch level; it's looking lusher than PB13 but not a green hell like the PB16 Duel League. I think I'm good for input now, I'll look at rerolling those who choose to Tuesday evening.

However I think we really need a forum before we can set a deadline for 1st re-roll.

So, uh, what do we have to do to get a forum around here?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18