As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Rebalancing Civ4: RtR Mod

(March 5th, 2014, 18:51)novice Wrote:
(March 5th, 2014, 18:18)Krill Wrote: Wouldn't comments be somewhat useful in that situation?

Commenting code is like having to explain a joke.

Only if your code is beautiful and self commenting. What happens if your code style isn't funny?
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Then you'd be trying to explain a bad joke?

Code:
10 PRINT "Waiter, there's a bug in my loop!"
20 GOTO 10
If you know what I mean.

[Image: the_art_of_happy_programming.png]

So I started the PB18 map in 3.0.3.9, everything fine. Now I'm trying to port to 3.0.6.2, and I crash out when I try to load. Halp?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(March 8th, 2014, 14:26)Commodore Wrote: So I started the PB18 map in 3.0.3.9, everything fine. Now I'm trying to port to 3.0.6.2, and I crash out when I try to load. Halp?

You might be missing empty teams 19-40 in your worldbuilder file? Generate a new worldbuilder file in 3.0.6.2 and copy the needed text to your existing map.
I have to run.

(March 8th, 2014, 14:32)novice Wrote:
(March 8th, 2014, 14:26)Commodore Wrote: So I started the PB18 map in 3.0.3.9, everything fine. Now I'm trying to port to 3.0.6.2, and I crash out when I try to load. Halp?

You might be missing empty teams 19-40 in your worldbuilder file? Generate a new worldbuilder file in 3.0.6.2 and copy the needed text to your existing map.

Ohhh, it's up to 40 now? .3.9 had a max of 34, and I'm running that many.

I'll need to edit Korea's techs, any others?

(March 8th, 2014, 14:36)Commodore Wrote:
(March 8th, 2014, 14:32)novice Wrote:

Ohhh, it's up to 40 now? .3.9 had a max of 34, and I'm running that many.

I'll need to edit Korea's techs, any others?

No idea on both counts, I thought it was 40. Going off a 3.0.6.2 worldbuilder file is the safest approach (for techs, traits and such as well).
I have to run.

Yes, Korean techs need changing. Check that Byz has Fishing/Myst as well, I think that was done before.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

So do/should the stone/marble/copper change apply to walls/castles/cathedrals?