As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RBP13 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Old Harry, sorry to ask, but could you pop out for a while, until I finish the turn? I am playing off a hideous connection that keeps dropping, and now I can't connect to the game with you in it :/
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

Sorry Bacchus, I'm out now.

Damn it, looks like it's unplayable after all... Please go ahead, I don't want to hold you up for longer, I'll play in the morning.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

Hmm I was getting extremely laggy behaviour and I wasn't able to get into the game either just now... Maybe this needs a restart or connectivity issues resolved on Sunrises side? I'll PM him.

Reloaded everything. The intermittent bandwidth leeching my server experiences has been growing in frequency and severity over the past few weeks. I've been trying to restart more but won't always manage to in time...

Are you sure it's not your neighbor borrowing your wifi? wink

(March 23rd, 2014, 21:38)NobleHelium Wrote: Are you sure it's not your neighbor borrowing your wifi? wink

So in a vacuum that would nicely explain the high upload bandwidth being consumed. But the fact that it goes away whenever I close the pitboss clients suggests it's sadly not the culprit smile

I guess there's some chance my neighbor is a player in one of my games, isn't exiting to main menu, and is connected via hacking my own wifi network...

Pausing for Ichabod with 1hr:07 remaining. After running the calculation: probability (he needs an unpause for a diplo screen) * (turn delay from this) vs probability (we need a reload) * (turn delay from reload), I determined that the left side is the lower one.

Humans : correct in making leap from wealth as currency to wealth as energy. But logic failure : wealth ultimately is extension of desires, fluctuating with emotions and state of mind. Desires : when all are supported in purely adaptable system, true wealth is achieved.

I'm really sorry for yet another delay. I compeltely forgot to play my turn yesterday. I'll finish my turn as soon as I get home and I'll try my best not to let this happen again. I know I'm being a big annoyance to the rest of you, but that's just because I suck, not because I don't care about you or the game.

Sorry. frown